Float Plane Trips

Mary680

Not sure where you asking about taking one, but one year myself and my parents took one out of Lake Hood (largest seaplane base in the world) here in Anchorage up to McKinley and it was absolutely fantastic.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Any one tried these?

We took our first float plane excursion last year. I was a little apprehensive at first, but the scenery was so magnificient that I forgot all my fears and just enjoyed it!

Take a look at our pictures from last year and you can see the Taku Lodge excursion we went on. Great!:D

We will be sailing to Alaska out of Vancouver on the Serenade OTS on the 12th of May and I booked a Glacier flight seeing float plane through RCCL in Juneau. About $188.00 per person. It will be my first time but i think it will be great to see things from the air and get away from the normal tourist things in town. Dont know when you are going but I will post a report when I get back.

Yep, I've taken many, including Misty Fjords, Sitka, Taku Glacier.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Which of the 3 do you think was the best? I probably won't get back to Alaska again so I would like to see as much as I can. Thanks.

We took our first float plane excursion last year. I was a little apprehensive at first, but the scenery was so magnificient that I forgot all my fears and just enjoyed it!

Take a look at our pictures from last year and you can see the Taku Lodge excursion we went on. Great!:D

The pictures are awesome! I am so anxious for our trip. Not going until September 10th so it seems like a long time away. I am glad to know that others are a little apprehensive. So am I. Was there much room in the planes? I am about 5'10 and wondered about leg room. Tore my ACL a while back so my knee doesn't work right yet.

The pictures are awesome! I am so anxious for our trip. Not going until September 10th so it seems like a long time away. I am glad to know that others are a little apprehensive. So am I. Was there much room in the planes? I am about 5'10 and wondered about leg room. Tore my ACL a while back so my knee doesn't work right yet.

You shouldn't have a problem with knee room - my husband is 6'4" and it was a little tight but not bad -- probably no worse than the regular airlines' knee room (but that doesn't say much)!:D

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Which of the 3 do you think was the best? I probably won't get back to Alaska again so I would like to see as much as I can. Thanks.

Misty Fjords. I prefer a glacier helicopter landing vs a fly over. But if not in your plans, both good. Taku Lodge includes a salmon bake.

Which ports will you be visiting? That will probably determine which float plane trip would be best for you. The chance of seeing wildlife from the plane is not very good. The Taku Glacier Lodge flight and feast in Juneau includes a salmon bake that will sometimes attact black bears in the area.

Which ports will you be visiting? That will probably determine which float plane trip would be best for you. The chance of seeing wildlife from the plane is not very good. The Taku Glacier Lodge flight and feast in Juneau includes a salmon bake that will sometimes attact black bears in the area.

Whoa, crazy coug, I think you left out the "r" in attact. Don't you mean "attract" bears in the area! Those would be some pretty mean salmon if they attacked the bears!:D

Archived