What is the best beach in St.Thomas

oraf7

My parents just returned from Emerald Bay, which I believe is the beach closest to the pier, and they said they could see the beach in those waters.

Oops, I meant to write they could see their "feet" in those waters, sorry for the typo.

Lately when we stopped in the parking lot at Coki Beach o drop of other passehgers it was like a big junkyard around there. I have been to Coki beach itself and still don't know what the big attraction is. :confused:

I like Trunk Bay too but it is a journey to get there.

As I said earlier I will stick with Sapphire. :)

My wife and I were on RCCL's EOS last August. The ship docked at 1pm and we walked around the mall area for about an hour. Then we decided to take a taxi to Magen's Bay. WOW! It was as if everyone from our ship and the Carnival ship went directly there.:mad: It was way too crowded to be relaxing. We stayed exactly one hour and went back. This year we will be on CP which docks in the morning. Our plan is to head over to Trunk Bay on St. John's since I have not heard many bad reviews. (Besides the commute)

sherribc....please tell me more about the Ritz. It almost sounds too good to be true....Do you buy a day pass?? If so, do you know how much..

Also, how far is this from where the Crown will dock??

Thanks

Crissyp

• 2 months later...
My parents just returned from Emerald Bay, which I believe is the beach closest to the pier, and they said they could see their feet in those waters.

Emerald Bay (Lindberg Bay) is a pleasant beach with a couple of bars in their beach resorts and a hotel bar/restaurant. It is clean, relatively quiet and there is some interesting, but not spectacular, snorkelling. An Iguana normally hangs around the public parking area, presumably he (or she) is the official greeter.

Emerald-Bay.jpg.f6c0366bba1afa33a927518aea6d9cd0.jpg

Emerald-Bay2.jpg.a3d040b6d0f666ea63c4a0d5f7a3edcc.jpg

iguana.jpg.544d6669a191ebb2dfd4445387f23a7e.jpg

Well, I thought Magens Bay was nice with its long sandy beach, 4 palm trees, picnic tables, some fish for the snorkelers and black pelicans for the bird watchers. Sapphire beach, OTOH, is gorgeous. While I didn't see any fish and only a few ducks, the scenery is breathtaking, it's proximity to hotels/resorts convenient, not too crowded and the waves were great for body surfing. I wanted to explore the coral but the waves were just too big for that.

How long does it take to get to Trunk bay? What is better snoking trunk bay or coki beach . I have snokled in Coki beach and found it very good.

This will give you a rough idea. This info is over a year old so prices have probably gone up a dollar or 2.

Also these directions are from Charlotte Amalie and Princess no longer docks there.

How to get to Trunk Bay from Charlotte Amalie:

Take taxi to Red Hook for ferry to St.John $10.00 pp 2+ people

**** 17 minutes

Take ferry from Red Hoook to Cruz Bay $5.00pp

**** 15 – 20 minutes

From Cruz Bay take taxi to Trunk Bay $6.00 pp 2+people

**** 12 minutes

Admission to Trunk Bay is $4.00 per adult 17 and up

**** ferries leave Red Hook at 6:30am, 7:30am, and then hourly starting at 8:00am running until midnight

ferries leave Cruz Bay hourly starting at 6:00am until 11:00pm

Bill

Archived