Cheated, poisoned, insulted & ignored.

YNOTTONY

As long as we're totally OT here, can someone tell me why my username is in red all of a sudden? Did I do something WRONG?:(

Or right for once?:)

Aha! So you're the Lady in Red that we hear so much about! :rolleyes:

You must have clicked on it to check something. :) When you do that your cache will show your name in red for a while. No big deal.

Thank you, Father. I'm glad to know it's nothing I did. Not that I would do anything wrong :) .

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. As I am also evaluating HAL for possible future cruises, please let us know the response to your letter.

Based on an anonymous posting on the internet? :confused: Whatever!:D

jc

Love Cruises; great post! Couple of minor things if you don't mind; Never heard of Captain "Max deBoer", pretty sure however, you are refering to Captain Johannes "Hans" Mateboer. He, along with John Scott, have been Noordam's captains

Question: C/D Jason, was that Jason Venner by any chance?

Finally, referring to YNOTTONY, his complaints and his letter to Captain Mateboer. Eventhough the captain is in overall command of the ship, it's the hotel manager who is in charge of the hotel operation. Personally, if I would have been in the OP's shoes, I would have written a letter and/or attempted to make contact with either the Guest Relations Manager and/or the Hotel Manager with his specific complaints re; the Club HAL rep and his lesser complaint of the Front Office attendant. They would have been able to address the situation "better" than the ship's captain and/or cruise director.

Thanks for the foreign language lesson Val (ladies first) and Dave!

Thanks Copper 10-8 ... I stand corrected and do not mind your help at all. I guess I was having a "senior moment" trying to remember the Captains name. Talk about mixing a name up (how embarassing)! Thank goodness it was on this board and not in person with the Captain. After sailing with him twice you think I would remember the name correctly.

Yes, the Cruise Director currently on the msNOORDAM is Jason Vanner.

"criticize," but not constructively! Glad to help you with those foreign languages, John

Okay, since we are totally off-topic at this point: regarding the word "slag" - I'm sure that you surmised correctly what Chivalrygirl (Val) meant and she did indeed agree with you. However, once again speaking of "foreign languages", just don't use the word slag in the U.K., especially in front of a woman, or you may "get your head in your hands to play with" (think Anne Boleyn here) since "slag" there can be equated with "ho" here;) .

Val, John is right as far as "chads" go - we don't even want to go there - just google it.

Valerie:D

or you may "get your head in your hands to play with" (think Anne Boleyn here) since "slag" there can be equated with "ho" here.

I have never heard of "slag", but I did get the reference to Anne Boleyn! :D

Okay, since we are totally off-topic at this point: regarding the word "slag" - I'm sure that you surmised correctly what Chivalrygirl (Val) meant and she did indeed agree with you. However, once again speaking of "foreign languages", just don't use the word slag in the U.K., especially in front of a woman, or you may "get your head in your hands to play with" (think Anne Boleyn here) since "slag" there can be equated with "ho" here;) .

Val, John is right as far as "chads" go - we don't even want to go there - just google it.

It is ok in the UK to use slag in front of female. I live in Ireland but travel to England every few weeks for work(or at least I did before I got pregnant). I use slag all the time as in "slagging someone/thing off"....translation making fun of someone/thing. But your are right in one sense..I certainly wouldn't called someone a "slag" if I didn't want a slap... :p

My problem is Val that I seem to be a great one at picking up various Colloquialisms. I tend to think I probably picked up "slag" back in my UK days, remember I went there as you left :D I have been caught out beautifully, the best one was after six years in London, on my return to NZ. I suggested to a young man he might like to go have a "screw" at something. That just about caused a riot, I was the butt of much hilarity. Two different meanings between NZ and the UK :eek:

OK so now I go chad a few people :D

Archived