Hotel options for Charleston, SC

SueF

We will have 4 couples (2 cars) going to Charleston for a cruise Thanksgiving week. We would prefer to go down the night before, and take advantage of a hotel that will shuttle us to port...

What options are available for us?

Thanks!

Sue :)

Check out the Holiday Inn Riverview. It is a nice hotel that runs a shuttle to the historic district and to cruiseport. They also have a drive/cruise package. There is also a very nice restaurant/bar on the top of the hotel with a great view of the river and city.

• 3 weeks later...

Charleston place is expensive but probably the best . It is just beautiful and a great location to walk the city. The Riverview is not in a great location for exploring the city. There is also a Days Inn near the Market area .It is not your typical Days Inn it is really nice and the location can not be beat! I live in Charleston and it has many options ! Let me know if I can help . I know all of the good locations for food also.

Thanks for the response Ed!

We will be driving in late Friday night, so no sight seeing for us unfortunately. We are just looking for a good place to spend the night that will take us to the pier and let us keep the car there for the week...what do you think?

Thanks!

Sue

• 2 months later...

We stayed at the Wingate Inn, in North Charleston, the night before departure. New, clean, easy access in safe location near Tanger Mall. Nice deal from them: free parking, 2 queen beds, complimentary cocktails 5-7, free round-trip shuttle to port, free breakfast............all for 99.00. Susan was our contact.

You have to book thru their local phone number. The 800 number won't be able to do it.

I'll post a negative review. We stayed a the Radisson North Charleston, and had major problems with their shuttle--very disorganized. Going over to the port, the shuttle was running very late (our reservation for the shuttle was at 11:30, we actually got on the shuttle at 1:30); coming back, it was going to take an hour of waiting by the side of the road with all luggage to get on the shuttle back to the hotel to get our cars--we took a taxi.

Use to live in Charleston and visit occasionally... have stayed in many of the hotels and B&Bs now we typically stay at the Holiday Historic District on Calhoun...Holiday Inn is not usually my favorite, but this one is quite exceptional and the service is excellent...(check out tripadvisor) it is really close to King Street... I do not know about the shuttle to the port, but it would not be a very long cab ride... if you get there...you might want to go to this place called Kaminski's right across from the market has the best desserts, coffee and other libations...great places to eat...the Concierge at the Holiday Inn may be one of the best in Charleston...Kevin.. he will help you in any way...hope you enjoy Charleston it is an experience in itself... DB

as I reread your posts....I doubt if the Holiday Inn has options for parking during your cruise or for that matter any of the hotels downtown...so if that is requirement you will want to venture out further....DB

Just an FYI....just called the Wingate Inn, and they do not do cruise specials anymore....grrr.....

Sue, Charleston is such a fantastic city that I'd bite the bullet, stay downtown, and park in city parking. There is so much to do that is within very short walking distance including walking to the pier.

Archived