Waterproof wallet?

Sourismom

Try a larger sporting goods/outdoor store in your area. They shouldn't be too expensive. We have a hard case with a fliptop that is large enough for id, seapasscard, money, etc. that hangs around the neck.

Be sure and check the clasp or double tie it. On one of our snorkling trips, one lady almost lost hers when the clasp popped open. Luckily, someone from the boat spotted it bobbing along. Also, try not to get blue or green, hard to see in the water if it does come loose. Have Fun!

Thanks for the tips! Looks like I'll have to order one. I went to two Wal-Marts, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority and Target in town, and no dice. Sports Authority had one "waterproof" wallet, but it wasn't submersible. :rolleyes:

Here is the test I do. I printout a copy of my passport. I include that with my airmiles card (to represent room key) and some money ie a $5.00 bill and some change. I fill the bathtub with water. I put the stuff in the wallet andweight it down for ten minutes. Take it out and check. If no problems happen I sit there and drag it around the water for ten minutes. If no problems occur it is a good one.

I bring an eleastic to put around the body of the wallet to ensure it does not pop open.

I found one at Dicks for $7. Its called WITZ keep it safe. You have to fold your passport to fit-but it will fit. Importantly-it FLOATS! Its blue-I might wrap it in day glo duck tape just to be safe. I tested in it-filled a pan of water and sloushed it around a bunch-and no leaks. Dicks also had slightly larger water/snorkel/scuba bags but they were out of the smallest size (which would have been perfect) but it was also more expensive ($12). Just to note-I had a heck of a time finding it in the store-they had it by the travel emergency kits. Hope this helps!

You have to fold your passport to fit-but it will fit.

Doesn't folding your passport damage it? Damaged passports can lead to huge delays at airports. Security / immigration scrutinise damaged passports very carefully.

This is because most falsified passports are made to look damaged to mask the flaws.

Archived