ETAs

JonconOH

Has anyone used the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) for their Australian Visas? Also, if used, has anyone experienced problems with this electronic visa since no visa is stamped in the passport?

countdown.pl?name=OceaniaBuffs&date=1-9-2008&image=australia&text=&ship=Nautica

I would think that most normal visitors from "Western" countries now use ETAs. Certainly this is the case for visitors from the UK, as it is now next to impossible to get a traditional paper visa from the Australian High Commission in the UK.

I normally travel with a 4-year paper visa, because I'd prefer not to go through the hassle of remembering to get a new visa every year. But I can foresee that I might have a struggle come this autumn.

I thought most everyone uses the ETA's now, didn't know paper visa was an option (speaking only for U.S. citizens, I have no knowledge for citizens of other countries). Yes, if it makes you feel better, bring the ETA paper confirmation. There has been previous discussion on this topic--you can easily get these from the airlines, cruiseline or on your own. Going through Australian Immigration and Customs several times, never noticed anyone having a problem.

Archived