Moscow question - Trinity St. Sergius Monastary?

Coral

Going on Amadeus Tolstoy this May.

When reading Benita's review from last year, she mentioned that she did not take the optional tour to Trinity St. Sergius Monastary and spent more time in Red Square. This sounded like a great plan as I loved the time I spent at Red Square the last time I was there. I then googled Trinity St. Sergius Monastary and it looks very picturesque.

For those who have done this tour - is it worth the extra time to go there? Apprently it is out of town and takes quite a while to get there.

When we went to Russia in 04 I picked Uniworld mainly because they offered an excursion to the monestary, and I was so happy I did. It was a fabulous tour, and in my mind not to be missed if possible. It is not that far out of town. It was only a half day tour. Go!

Thanks. The more I looked at pictures of this site, I realized that I really do want to go there.

I posted a message to Benita who did this trip last year. I am somewhat confused on the optional excursions offered. It appears she may have an extra day in Moscow then I do or else I misinterpreted the afternoon tours offered. Hopefully Benita clears this up soon as I am exciting about planning this trip.

Archived