Am I the only one?

hcs81m

Over the past few weeks I have become addicted to reading these post. My cruise one month from today, and I can't stand the excitement. My question is does anyone else read the Cruise Critic boards while the are at work, and does anyone else shut the Cruise Critic down boards, when their boss and coworkers are approaching to make it look they are actually working?

We'll as someone who has the option of working remote from home...I been on here a lot more but still getting my work done...problem is if you work for a large company like mine ...I call it the "Evil Empire" they monitor internet traffic ...so be carefull out there guys!

I am waiting for the IT department to ask me who Cruise Critic is and why I am on it every spare minute I get!

I'm the boss here but I'm still quick on the minimize button- I wouldn't want to set a bad example;)

I check these boards every day and I don't have my next cruise booked yet. I am hoping to go on two in the next 9 months so I am collecting info now. The only time that I don't read these boards is when I am on a cruise...I don't have a work issue since I have my own campany, but my husband has been getting dinner later and later due to the fact that I want to "check posts one last time" before I log off for the night.

Over the past few weeks I have become addicted to reading these post. My cruise one month from today, and I can't stand the excitement. My question is does anyone else read the Cruise Critic boards while the are at work, and does anyone else shut the Cruise Critic down boards, when their boss and coworkers are approaching to make it look they are actually working?

You can tell you're not all alone here! If my boss ever figured out how much time I spend on here I'd be looking for another job! I'm not too worried, he hasn't even figured out I have internet access on this computer! As long as I get my work done I'm not going to worry about it.

Terri

No wonder the U. S. gross domestic product is going down the tubes! :D

We're all hopelessly hooked on cruising. That's why we're here. It's the only cheap fix between cruises. Yes, I check at work. It provides a few minutes break, mind-clearing, and allows me to go back to what I'm doing refreshed and re-energized.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!!!!

Great! We're celebrating our 20th anniversary. We put it in our personalizer, but I don't know if Princess will do anything special. I've been hinting that one of those balcony dinners would be nice....

we will be celebrating our 3rd

June

I used to sneak at work until I got a computer print out of all my surfing activity. All the cruise websites visited... cruisecritic.com.....etc. and also a graph of all the hits. My chart was off the paper compared to everyone elses. They call me the surfing queen. Of course, I explained it was during breaks and lunch.........

Not allowed to surf anymore since they can't tell what time I am on.

Work is boring now :eek:

Good news is plant is shutting down and I have started a home business doing

guess what selling C_ _ _ _ _ _.

I am the boss and the coworkers.

As the coworkers I frequently blow off stuff the boss told me to do...that guy's a real jerk. SO demanding.

He really gets mad when I spend the afternoon watching Dr Phil, Oprah and Judge Judy on one TV and the Wolf Blitzer Network (CNN) on another while playing on the Internet.

It's hard to hide from him.

It's hard not to get addicted to these boards when you have a cruise on the horizon. Why think about work when it's more fun to plan you vacation?

I actually work in IT as a Network Administrator, the guy who monitors Internet activity among other things and I spend way too much time here but I do multi-task. ;)

At the moment I'm working late designing our new corporate Inranet site that I have to demo on Monday. I'm not even close to being finished but here I am cruising the boards.......Guess I'm just an addict.

breaks up....back to work!:(

Well if I had a job, I'm sure I'd be doing the same :). Anyways, here's a tip - the fastest way I found to switch windows (when I did have a job in computers) was ALT+TAB. If you tap the combo quickly, that will bring up the last window you had on top before the one that's currently active. Keeping alt held down will let you choose the window too. It's actually faster than clicking minimize :). Another good one for PC users is start+d (if you have a start button on your keyboard). That minimizes EVERYTHING, just in case you have more than one window open :).

I have definitely found that CC has become an addiction - good thing I work from home and the boss works from his home, he does not know what I am up to at any given time.... :)

I eventually get my work done...but BOY do I spend more time here than I should :eek: - maybe after the cruise I will be over it for a while? Does not look like most people are though.

The last few weeks before my cruise, I don't think I ever left the main cruisecritic.com page... it's bookmarked, just in case! My husband couldn't wait for the cruise just so I'd get off this site!!! Now that I'm back, I trolling to see if there are any questions I can answer to repay the kindness others shared with me. It's an insane circle!

Archived