Bermuda 2008

Catmjs

Does anyone know if Celebrity will still have 7 day cruises to Bermuda out of NY for 2008?

Thanks

Hi Catmjs !

There is no answer to your question as of yet. The only interesting comment I can make, is that I was told a list of release dates for Celebrity's 2008/2009 deployments on it, and there was NO mention of anything for Bermuda on the list.

While I am not ready to say that Bermuda is not happening in 2008/2009, I would say that is not a good sign. Who knows, maybe we will be surprised, and there will be at least a few Bermuda sailings. Perhaps Celebrity will wait to see how Journey does in Bermuda this season, but I feel that Journey will likely head to other regions in 2008/2009. We will have to wait and see.

Since the Journey could be the only ship capable of docking at St. George and Hamilton in Bermuda in 2008, I doubt Celebrity would abandon their monopoly position. I understand Bermuda bookings on Journey are now brisk this year since they lowered their originally unrealistically high prices.

We will be taking the Journey to Bermuda in September and if the cruise meets our expectations and the price is right, we expect to book it again for fall 2008.

Does anyone know if Celebrity will still have 7 day cruises to Bermuda out of NY for 2008?

Thanks

Catmjs,

Hope all is well and you are having a great week. I have the Journey out of Bayonne, NJ next year starting April 20, 2008 until October 2, 2008. They do not have the rates loaded yet, but should sometime later this week I was told. Hope this helps out

John

Catmjs,

Hope all is well and you are having a great week. I have the Journey out of Bayonne, NJ next year starting April 20, 2008 until October 2, 2008. They do not have the rates loaded yet, but should sometime later this week I was told. Hope this helps out

John

Hi John !

Glad to hear it. I would have been very disappointed if Celebrity was not doing Bermuda in 2008/2009. I am surprised Celebrity didnt mention it on their deployment list, but as long as it is happening, all is well :)

Hi John !

Glad to hear it. I would have been very disappointed if Celebrity was not doing Bermuda in 2008/2009. I am surprised Celebrity didnt mention it on their deployment list, but as long as it is happening, all is well :)

Andy,

Thanks for reply. As someone in the industry, I was just told that they should have been up for pricing today and hopefully by tomorrow they will be set to go. Heck, I am hoping to get a invite to the festivities before her first cruise out of NJ.

John

• 2 weeks later...
Two weeks later.............any news yet??

Well hello Kathy:D surprise seeing you here!

Everyone is still waiting....

Hurry up and wait;) ...hmmmm.... we are still waiting

for 2008-2009 Caribbean Itineraries to be released:eek:

Well hello Kathy:D surprise seeing you here!

Everyone is still waiting....

Hurry up and wait;) ...hmmmm.... we are still waiting

for 2008-2009 Caribbean Itineraries to be released:eek:

Hi Lois !

The Caribbean itineraries REALLY should be out this week... either tomorrow or Thursday. Sadly, I do not expect any surprises. I spoke with Captains Club late last week, and they had Century's and Constellation's itineraries in the system. While not 100% identical, the lengths of the sailings were the same, and the ports/itineraries sounded nearly identical to past years.

If the itineraries I heard of turn out to be accurate, I know I am going to be very disappointed, but not surprised at all. I simply cannot understand why Celebrity insists on the same Caribbean itineraries (other than Quest) for a few years now. How hard is it for Celebrity to change things around just a little bit ? From what was told to me on the phone, it appears they didnt make much of an effort.

Unless something changes, it will probably end our long streak of consecutive Celebrity Cruises. We are considering trying Emerald Princess, which will have a fantastic 10 night itinerary sailing out of Ft Lauderdale this year and next. With Celebrity's same old, same old.... I am quite certain we will give Princess a try. Not that we want to, but Celebrity is forcing our hand, and begging us to look elsewhere, and that is a real shame.

One item of note, is that Celebrity (at the last minute) delayed announcing the Caribbean itineraries from last week to this week. Could there be anything interesting behind that move ? We can still hope for some surprises, but as I have said in previous posts, I am not counting on it. Either way, the wait is just about over.

Will be interested to find out what the itinerary will be. NCL has 3 ships doing the Bermuda run next year, pretty much all summer. The Norwegian Dream will be doing the Boston to Bermuda run docking in St. George for 4 days, and the Norwegian Majesty will be doing Bermuda cruises from Philadelphia, Baltimore and Charelston also docking in St. George for 4 days. That takes up the dock space in ST. George all week. They also have the Norwegian Dawn doing NY to Bermuda docking at the dockyard for 3 days. So the only port left if celebrity does Bermuda is Hamilton......

Archived