Dawn quad cabin layout with pics- "U" shaped

monicajay

I have been meaning to post these pics as it may help others who are scared by the "wall to wall" bed pictures that were posted by Shoreguy. He is right your cabin steward will give you wall to wall beds. Thankfully, another member on these boards had posted instructions on how to turn in into a "U" shape.

I asked the Steward and he had no idea what I was talking about. Following the instructions I had printed, I went to work. Here is the result. Instead of having one bed that you can store gear under you have two. Everyone can get in and out of bed without sliding down to the end. Cabin stewards loved it because they do not have to take out and put away trundle each day. Also, if someone needs a nap in the day the bed is available.

Our cabin steward who was new to the Dawn was so impressed he asked if he could invite others stewards to see. At one point there were 7 or 8 of them peering in. I mentioned it to other families who all "made the move" and many thanked my after.

http://community.webshots.com/album/558597829kgXIWy

Good luck.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Shoreguy, you are right, it is a bit tight (well alot tight). But for those of us who have kids and can't really afford a second cabin it is way better than the wall to wall beds.

We much prefered the Superior inside cabins on the Sun that were 191 sq ft and had room for two singles and a pull out queen and still room to walk around.

Do you think this would work on the Star and are there other ships with the trundle where this might work?

cruise_more_often,

On the Dawn, NCL does not have and regular Balcony (BA) cabins that can accomodate 4. IF you want a balcony for four you must go to a mini-suite, and for many of us that is getting too pricey. Any of the inside or outside categories on the Dawn have some cabins that can be booked for 4. When you look at the deck plans there is a symbol that shows how many people the cabin can accomodate.

I believe we were booked in a "J" I believe and were on deck 8. The symbol was a "+" sign which indicated it was a cabin that could sleep 4.

Shoreguy, you are right, it is a bit tight (well alot tight). But for those of us who have kids and can't really afford a second cabin it is way better than the wall to wall beds.

We much prefered the Superior inside cabins on the Sun that were 191 sq ft and had room for two singles and a pull out queen and still room to walk around.

Do you think this would work on the Star and are there other ships with the trundle where this might work?

It should work all the cabins on the newer ships are almost exactly the same size. Wall to wall beds is far better then no cruise.!

IMO-That is so much nicer than the "wall to wall" bed arrangement, I sure hope someone from NCL sees the photo and starts to use this setup. Besides, when the wife & I take my SIL to Alaska, the wall to wall could be sort of creepy! But I still get the middle ;)

AND---I really agree about the Superior inside on the Sun-great cabin!

cruise_more_often,

On the Dawn, NCL does not have and regular Balcony (BA) cabins that can accomodate 4. IF you want a balcony for four you must go to a mini-suite, and for many of us that is getting too pricey. Any of the inside or outside categories on the Dawn have some cabins that can be booked for 4. When you look at the deck plans there is a symbol that shows how many people the cabin can accomodate.

I believe we were booked in a "J" I believe and were on deck 8. The symbol was a "+" sign which indicated it was a cabin that could sleep 4.

However the newer ships Jewel, Pearl, and soon Gem have quad balconies. I think the Sun does as well. Two lower beds, single sleeper sofa, and Pullman. That arrangement and the addition of the balcony space make it a great value and a bit more civilized. ;) :D

However the newer ships Jewel, Pearl, and soon Gem have quad balconies. I think the Sun does as well. Two lower beds, single sleeper sofa, and Pullman. That arrangement and the addition of the balcony space make it a great value and a bit more civilized. ;) :D

I can verify that the Sun does.

-Monte

Monica Jay

Thank you -

That is so useful. We had the kids in the quad last time. My two teenagers each brought a friend. So it was four teens in one room. My kids are a boy and a girl and their friends were, too. Fortunately the friends were also brother and sister.

This kids all grew up together and really are just friends, but when my daughter said, "Dennis rolled over this morning and hit me with his elbow." I wanted to die.

The symbol was a "+" sign which indicated it was a cabin that could sleep 4.

I am confused about this. When I was looking at cabins, I entered that there would be 4 people. One of the cabins available had a "triangle", which said it slept 3, why would that be an option if I said 4?

Thanks for these pics! We will be in a quad oceanview on the Dawn. So, I would basically pull the lower "bunk" forward and move the table around to the head of the lower "bunk", right? Then, the trundle comes completely out and around, in front of the window? The room steward would have no problem with this and I can leave it like this the whole week? If so, this will be great. On our only other cruise we had a balcony, but I don't think we'll have any problem with an oceanview. Thanks again!

I am confused about this. When I was looking at cabins, I entered that there would be 4 people. One of the cabins available had a "triangle", which said it slept 3, why would that be an option if I said 4?

Could be a problem with the deck plan or the data base - Take no chances don't book that cabin unless you can confirm it is a quad.

As shoreguy said, verify it's for 4 before booking.

If you don't prefer that cabin over the others, just book one of the others. If you like that cabin better you might want to check to see what they say about it on CruiseDeckplans.com

-Monte

As shoreguy said, verify it's for 4 before booking.

If you don't prefer that cabin over the others, just book one of the others. If you like that cabin better you might want to check to see what they say about it on CruiseDeckplans.com

-Monte

Thanks.....that site says it's sleeps 3/4 and had a "+".

It's the NCL Star....deck 4, cabin 4610. I like that it's at the end of the row, but I don't know what is there next to it, just empty space?

You don't want to know what is on the other side of the cabin wall :eek: Think about 1000 + passengers walking past your cabin to get to the gangway at each port. That mid ship gangway is next to that cabin.

The good news: Easy on easy off the ship for you and :)

Looks like a quad - pullman and trundle bed

Cabin 4610

• Duvet
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (159)
  • Midship Section
  • Port Side
  • Pier aft
  • Bed Rails (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Pullman Bed (1)
  • Pullout Bed (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Porthole Window (1)
  • Sprinklers

You don't want to know what is on the other side of the cabin wall :eek: Think about 1000 + passengers walking past your cabin to get to the gangway at each port. That mid ship gangway is next to that cabin.

The good news: Easy on easy off the ship for you and :)

Looks like a quad - pullman and trundle bed

EEEks....maybe we should change, I also want a window and not a porthole...how do I find a window?

Our cabin steward who was new to the Dawn was so impressed he asked if he could invite others stewards to see. At one point there were 7 or 8 of them peering in. I mentioned it to other families who all "made the move" and many thanked my after.

http://community.webshots.com/album/558597829kgXIWy

Great photo, thanks for sharing. I wanted to put my 4 children in an inside, and now I know just how to do it. :D

EEEks....maybe we should change, I also want a window and not a porthole...how do I find a window?

Move up to deck 5 :)

Cabin 5616

• Duvet
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Bed Rails (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Pullman Bed (1)
  • Pullout Bed (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Picture Window (1)
  • Midship Section
  • Port Side
  • Cabin Square Footage (159)
  • Pier aft
  • Sprinklers

Again, Monicajay I want to thank you for that picture. I got home from work yesterday and immediately showed my son the picture. He said, "That's hideous." I replied to him that it was the room he stayed in on the Dawn. He said, "WOW, that's awesome."

It may be cramped, but it sure is doable.:)

Now if I can only figure out how to print a picure.:rolleyes:

Now if I can only figure out how to print a picure.:rolleyes:

Easy - go to the link on Webshots - select view full size - right click on picture - select save picture as - put in a file on your PC - print;)

I already did that :D

1584865166_3rdbedUsmall1.jpg.29af01cda7d635452f1026cc709f0c10.jpg

Move up to deck 5 :)

Cabin 5616

Is there something special about that cabin? Do all cabins on deck 5 have a window instead of a porthole for an OV?

I just looked at Expedia, and it only shows a few available. I cannot fathom it's that sold out for 2008.... Is it that quads are more limited?

I appreciate your help!

Archived