Best Items on Menu - Majesty of the Seas

I recently got my impatient little hands on the dinner menus from the 4 night Majesty sailing. Everything looks so good! I'm definitely a foodie and also one of those people who takes forever to make up their mind when ordering....too many times I haven't been able to decide and end up ordering a couple things and taking home a plethora of doggie bags! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend the really not-to-be-missed items on the Majesty's menu?

And before you tell me, I know I can order more than one thing...but this is my first cruise and while my cousin and future cruisemate is all too familiar with my idiosyncrasies I'm not sure yet if I feel like sharing them with a group of strangers at the table!:o

I recently got my impatient little hands on the dinner menus from the 4 night Majesty sailing. Everything looks so good! I'm definitely a foodie and also one of those people who takes forever to make up their mind when ordering....too many times I haven't been able to decide and end up ordering a couple things and taking home a plethora of doggie bags! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend the really not-to-be-missed items on the Majesty's menu?

And before you tell me, I know I can order more than one thing...but this is my first cruise and while my cousin and future cruisemate is all too familiar with my idiosyncrasies I'm not sure yet if I feel like sharing them with a group of strangers at the table!:o

If there are two things on the appetizer menu that you'd like to try, go ahead and ask for both! They'd probably bring you two different entrees if you asked also!

The Vidalia Onion Tart was very good.

Escargot the best I've ever had. Wish I had taken our waitress up on bringing out a second one.

Risotto & scallops were delicious

The lobster bisque, clam chowder and tuscan tomato soup were different than what I am used to, but still good.

Onion soup was disappointing

Prime rib was good

Lamb shank was so tender, did not need a knife.

I've had the duck on two cruises. this past time on the Majesty it was a bit overdone.

We found the grilled NY strip steak better than the black angus top sirloin

We were very disappointed with desserts (my favorites usually) with the exception of the baked alaska - excellent.

LOVED the sourdough rolls!!! Especially dipped into the leftover butter from the escargot yum yum

The first night we ordered a bottle of wine and she held it for us til the second night. That was nice.

We thought the Escargot and the baked alaska were very good as well. I enjoyed both the NY strip and the Angus top sirloin.

A great piece of advice we received from friends who have cruised many times is to try something you wouldn't normally order. My 10-year old son tried salmon for the first time, and didn't really like it. Our waiter gladly brought him another dish instead. And by all means order two appetizers if you wish.

Sorry, I haven't been on this cruise yet, I am going on May 28th. I saw your post and I couldn't help myself, where did you get a copy of the menus? I'd love to see them before I go!

From two very thoughtful cruise critic members! Angiegal3 scanned them in I believe and Grandeur emailed them to me...if you pm me with your email address I'd be happy to pass it on...

Also, I saw some Freedom of the Seas menus here, and it looks like the menus for "Dinner is Served", "Captain's Gala", "Venetian Feast" and "Feast of Nations" are the exact same as the menus for the 4 night Majesty.

And by all means order two appetizers if you wish.

Yeah...um...what do you do when 4 of 'em look good to you ?

I'm not that bold! Probably I'll have my cousin do two and I'll do two and we'll have our own tasting session!

If there are two things on the appetizer menu that you'd like to try, go ahead and ask for both! They'd probably bring you two different entrees if you asked also!

Escargot the best I've ever had. Wish I had taken our waitress up on bringing out a second one.

The lobster bisque, clam chowder and tuscan tomato soup were different than what I am used to, but still good.

Prime rib was good

I've had the duck on two cruises. this past time on the Majesty it was a bit overdone.

We were very disappointed with desserts (my favorites usually) with the exception of the baked alaska - excellent.

LOVED the sourdough rolls!!! Especially dipped into the leftover butter from the escargot yum yum

The first night we ordered a bottle of wine and she held it for us til the second night. That was nice.

Duh! You should have been the first person I asked when you sent me the menus! Oki doki...looks like I'm going to be doing the twofer from the get go!

I've also heard wonderful things about the strawberry soup, did you try it?

That's sad about the desserts...my cuz is a dessert fiend, she'll be very disappointed...i heard rumors about a midnight dessert buffet though???

If you can't make up your mind, order 2 things! They don't mind!

Unfortunately, on our last cruise, the desserts weren't as "special" as they had been in the past--a few nights, I never ordered any! But, I have been known to eat several in one sitting--all brought to me by my ever-attendant waiter--without asking!!!!!!

Prime rib was good

I concur with above poster.

I also enjoyed the Sweet/sour Tempura fish. The warm chocolate cake is very good as is the sugar free coconut cake.;)

Didn't have time to compare the menus for the 4 day to the 7 day but will share some thoughts:

-Truffled Wild Mushroom Linguine Alfredo was excellent (my husband is Italian and a wonderful cook...he raved about it)

-I'm not fond of Scallops so asked if they could put shrimp on the scallop risotto (was an appetizer that I asked to have as my entree)...was very good

-I also had them put the Grilled chicken breast (one of the nightly options and very good) on the Risotto primavera and it was wonderful (yes, I am a risotto fanatic)

-I thought the mahi mahi was too fishy

-The Shrimp Ravioli was excellent

-Really enjoyed the herb crusted atlantic cod

-Agree that the escargot were outstanding as is the vidalia onion tart and the mushroom in puff pastry

-Favorite desserts include key lime pie, creme brulee and the grand marnier souffle

Getting very hungry!!!

Enjoy and don't be afraid to ask for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees or 2 desserts. Often we would order extras to share with the table.

From two very thoughtful cruise critic members! Angiegal3 scanned them in I believe and Grandeur emailed them to me...if you pm me with your email address I'd be happy to pass it on...

Also, I saw some Freedom of the Seas menus here, and it looks like the menus for "Dinner is Served", "Captain's Gala", "Venetian Feast" and "Feast of Nations" are the exact same as the menus for the 4 night Majesty.

Can't seem to find the PM feature. I would LOVE to see the menus, can you please send them to genisegibbs@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance :)

Can anyone confirm that the menus are the same?

Didn't have time to compare the menus for the 4 day to the 7 day but will share some thoughts:

-Truffled Wild Mushroom Linguine Alfredo was excellent (my husband is Italian and a wonderful cook...he raved about it)

-I'm not fond of Scallops so asked if they could put shrimp on the scallop risotto (was an appetizer that I asked to have as my entree)...was very good

-I also had them put the Grilled chicken breast (one of the nightly options and very good) on the Risotto primavera and it was wonderful (yes, I am a risotto fanatic)

-I thought the mahi mahi was too fishy

-The Shrimp Ravioli was excellent

-Really enjoyed the herb crusted atlantic cod

-Agree that the escargot were outstanding as is the vidalia onion tart and the mushroom in puff pastry

-Favorite desserts include key lime pie, creme brulee and the grand marnier souffle

Getting very hungry!!!

Enjoy and don't be afraid to ask for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees or 2 desserts. Often we would order extras to share with the table.

Yes! I will make my tablemates complicit in my desire to taste everything on the menu! ;)

When I went I loved the steak, and the orange duck. Not sure if they serve that type of duck anymore but it was my first time having duck and I thought it was fantastic. Plus, who could ever say no to STEAK! ;)

You are right! the exact same menus!

Archived