It looks like Carnival changed the beverage policy again!

jebneb65

I rather have my drinks served, don't forget you can get the early bird drings on the lido deck for $2.95!!! You can't beat that.
If you are talking about the Bloody Mary and Mimosa specials in the morning, they were $3.75 on the Legend in December. Still not a bad price, but they are small.

Like I said on other threads, Carnival did this very same thing a few years ago (changed the wording to NO beverages) and it didn't last long then either.

This is a shame. Back to the campground lifestyles with people pulling coolers of water with them everywhere. IT's a shame that Carnival can't succeed in getting the upgrade they are looking for in the people that sail their ships

That's awful snobbish of you, don't you think? You are saying that Carnival has a lower class people sailing on their ships. I take offense to that. And, when we sailed on the Norwegian Dawn, I saw plenty of coolers. Better sail on HAL or Cunard, I suspect

This is a shame. Back to the campground lifestyles with people pulling coolers of water with them everywhere. IT's a shame that Carnival can't succeed in getting the upgrade they are looking for in the people that sail their ships

Ouch. Judgemental much? You think they are looking for an "upgrade" in people? I can think of so many other things they could do if they truly wanted the "upgrade" you think they want. What does an upgrade in people mean really? People who sit around judging other people? Those kind of people are better than those that take coolers onto cruises? Who is to say who is better than the other? I think it is sad that some people think they are better than others because their definition of "reasonable" amount is different. Like another poster said, if Carnival truly wants to keep the beverages coming aboard to a minimum, they can state the exact amount that is welcomed....instead of saying a reasonable amount. They could also make a sweeping policy of no coolers for their classes of ships that have refrigerators.

That's awful snobbish of you, don't you think? You are saying that Carnival has a lower class people sailing on their ships. I take offense to that. And, when we sailed on the Norwegian Dawn, I saw plenty of coolers. Better sail on HAL or Cunard, I suspect
No need to take offense. Some people are just natural born pot stirrers. ;)

I can take my Diet Dr. Pepper with me on board now!!!!! :D
What is it with you Diet Dr. Pepper drinkers??? My sister and I are sailing on the Paradise this Friday and she was practically in hysterics over the prospect of leaving her beloved Diet Dr. Pepper behind! LOL I'm not going to tell her about the policy change, but I'll bring a 12-pack on board to surprise her. She is soooooooo buying me an umbrella drink! ;)

That's awful snobbish of you, don't you think? You are saying that Carnival has a lower class people sailing on their ships.

Well if he really believes that then he does not think highly of himself. LOL!

According to his signature he has the Carnival Spirt and Carnival Freedom booked for 2007 & 2008......

Just ignore those kinds of posts.....if only they could see past their own noses and see how idiotic they sound;)

Uh oh.....that would be me too:o That's the only kind of diet soda that does not taste diet to me.....if that makes any sense LOL!

Oooh, try DietRite!! :D YUM!! No sodium, no caffeine, no calories but lots of taste and made with SPLENDA :D:D Diet CF Dr Pepper is pretty decent, but I can't really tolerate much of the aspartame (I would imagine we'll SOON see it with Splenda)... but I much prefer diet rite if I treat myself to a soda... it's delish!!!

I am guilty of the Diet Dr. Pepper thing too. I even love the Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper. I suppose that if a soft drink has that long of a title, it needs to book it's own cabin. hehe. Something about Diet Dr. Pepper that feels like you're indulging when you aren't. They are sure spot on with their latest commercials showing Dr. Pepper in different kinds of candy wrappers and cake containers. :D

Well, this is just as I thought. I did not get so caught up in all the beverage threads because I was thinking that I would ride this out. I really felt that Carnival did this because of spring break and..lo and behold, it is just 3 days past when the last spring break cruise would have sailed and Carnival's "new" beverage policy is sailing with it. Bon Voyage!

As a side note about confiscation: In Costa Maya my son bought a bright painted, carved baseball bat. That, too, was confiscated and held until the last day of the cruise.

Well, I think Carnival knows that Spring Break isn't the only time people roll on coolers of soft drinks, LOL... they see it daily. I would bet it had MUCH more to do with the thousands of calls and letters they were getting, not to mention the hassle of having their security guys now not only looking for alcohol and counting wine bottles, but now doing the same for soda and water... not to mention the need to start stocking several more options... and trying to get people to get doctors notes, etc. Just far too much hassle... I think the fact it happened after spring break is a coincidence.... SB has nothing to do with people bringing soft drinks, and people "smuggle" year round... I don't see why in the world they would have intentionally changed their policy for one week, when the spring break cruisers had the old contracts and could have disputed what the "online" contract said at anytime... if they were going to do that, they would have done it months ago... just doesn't make much sense, to go through all of that for just a week. Big business doesn't like big hassle, which is obviously, if this board is any indication, what this was....MHO.

I agree!

Although i do think water and soda should be allowed to be carried on, just not in such large quantities than an ice chest is needed, a 12 pk of soda or case of water seems fine to me.

Along with the new wine policy limit, Carnival needs to specify what "small" quantity means.

Oooh, try DietRite!! :D YUM!! No sodium, no caffeine, no calories but lots of taste and made with SPLENDA :D:D Diet CF Dr Pepper is pretty decent, but I can't really tolerate much of the aspartame (I would imagine we'll SOON see it with Splenda)... but I much prefer diet rite if I treat myself to a soda... it's delish!!!

Love diet rite too! It is not always available, though. When it is, I buy it up. They are both very different tastes. I like the Dr. Pepper like a dessert almost. The Diet rite is nice with a meal, but I also enjoy it as a sipper. Oh, for those low carbing it out there and you want a dessert? Try putting some cream into a Diet root beer...tastes just like a root beer float.

..and now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

Spring break lasts more than a week, it typically begins in march and runs through this week, but I see your point. On that note, I never did understand why some colleges give spring break while it is technically still winter. My Daughter's college has spring break in early March.

I believe it has alot to do with spring break and the recent overboards.

Afterall even on Carnivals website they said the recent liquor and beverage change was so they were able to control liquor consumption of minors and quantities consumed that leads to disruptive behaviors. Spring, summer and holiday breaks are when you will see the most minors cruising.

Just so happens it was changed during this recent break and not too longer after the few people went overboard.. Unless it was just coincidental.....

But evidently it backfired.....

Spring break lasts more than a week, it typically begins in march and runs through this week, but I see your point. On that note, I never did understand why some colleges give spring break while it is technically still winter. My Daughter's college has spring break in early March.

I know it lasts more than a week... the "new policy" was only in place for a week... that is what I meant. Has anyone heard if RCL changed their policy back???

Oh, and some middle schools have their break at the end of February... it's all so screwy! LOL! They go from end of Feb to mid April usually....

But it is still the new policy on the 'ticket contract" scroll down to (6-F)

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

(f). Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation.

How confusing is this?

We will be on the cruise with you, noticed your count down clock. We booked today!!!! I will be bringing my wine!

I know it lasts more than a week... the "new policy" was only in place for a week... that is what I meant. Has anyone heard if RCL

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought this policy had been in effect for more than a week, so I thought you meant spring break was only a week. At any rate, I am glad they changed it back simply because there are so many tastes people have in soft drinks and it would be impossible for Carnival to have them all. I have found people are more picky about their soft drink brands than their alcohol brands.

If ALL of the cruise lines would just make their soda & water prices somewhat reasonable, people wouldn't even worry about smuggling it onboard. How many people go out to dinner at a restaurant and smuggle their drinks in ? Nobody, because they are reasonable priced ! And you almost have to swim in a vat of soda to make the soda card worth the money.

If ALL of the cruise lines would just make their soda & water prices somewhat reasonable, people wouldn't even worry about smuggling it onboard. How many people go out to dinner at a restaurant and smuggle their drinks in ? Nobody, because they are reasonable priced ! And you almost have to swim in a vat of soda to make the soda card worth the money.

Be careful what you wish for. They could lower the price of drinks and raise the price of the cruise. I'd rather bring my own drinks. :)

If we bring the one bottle of wine and drink it in our cabin, do we have to pay the corkage fee, or is that just if served in the dining room

Just in the dining room; be aware that finding a corkscrew can be a problem; either bring your own or take your bottle down to a bar, during a slow time of course, and for a small tip for their generosity they will open your bottle and even give you proper wine glasses!

At least, that was my experience both times I went ;)

Be careful what you wish for. They could lower the price of drinks and raise the price of the cruise. I'd rather bring my own drinks. :)
I'd rather have the cruiselines go back to the pricing structure they had 10 or 12 years ago and "quit" nickel and diming me to "death".......

It was cheaper.........:eek:

Then a botle of beer was $2.25....a bottle of water was a $1.00....Soda card....????what?????? Wine was 1/2 the price......Photos.....weren't $10.00 for an 8x10......Shore excursions were reasonable.....

For all of us that have cruised at least for a whild...I assure you it was cheaper then (with higher cabin prices) than it is now with lower cabin prices......;)

Archived