QM2 cabin 9013 Queens grill

champagne lover

Anyone been in this cabin? I know the bar is stocked at the start of the cruise - is it re-stocked if you drink some? Also, do you go to the Queens Grill restauanrt for breakfast and lunch, or just dinner in the evening?

You eat in the Queens' Grill for every meal, although I assume that most people have ensuite breakfast.

You'll be provided, if QE2 is anything to go by, with two litre bottles of spirits - of your choice.

I gather that they are refilled. I've never finished one, so can't comment from my own experience!

Matthew

Thanks for that Matthew. Do you also get wine - that's more likely what I would drink. My husband will hope for whisky though!

Eating in our cabin will be a new experience for us - hopefully one we will enjoy.

Our friends will be in the cabin next door - does anyone know if you can remove the partition between the balconies to make one bigger balcony?

Thanks for that Matthew. Do you also get wine - that's more likely what I would drink. My husband will hope for whisky though!

Eating in our cabin will be a new experience for us - hopefully one we will enjoy.

Our friends will be in the cabin next door - does anyone know if you can remove the partition between the balconies to make one bigger balcony?

Your steward can unlock and swing open the wall between balconies.

I believe (though I've never done Grill) that you can choose a whiskey. They are decent brands, afaik. Do a search here in the threads. I know the question has been asked before and answered with more specifics And yes, wine is included in your choices, though I am not sure how wide of a selection. May be just the house varietal.

Karie,

who would be happy to go first and find out if somebody will pay for a booking for me!

Not sure on wine - we don't drink it in the cabin.

I'm not sure of how much of a benefit eating in your cabin is (although this is of course up to you) and we've never done it. Well, save for one night when my wife was feeling very wobbly!

Not sure about balconies - you can't on QE2 as they are metal.

Matthew

Your steward can unlock and swing open the wall between balconies.

I believe (though I've never done Grill) that you can choose a whiskey. They are decent brands, afaik. Do a search here in the threads. I know the question has been asked before and answered with more specifics And yes, wine is included in your choices, though I am not sure how wide of a selection. May be just the house varietal.

Karie,

who would be happy to go first and find out if somebody will pay for a booking for me!

We've had Glenmorangie on more than one occasion. The brandy we've had has been Remy - only the VSOP though. Blue Sapphire Gin is normally supplied for my lovely wife.

More often than not we take one home unstarted!

Matthew

Anyone been in this cabin? I know the bar is stocked at the start of the cruise - is it re-stocked if you drink some? Also, do you go to the Queens Grill restauanrt for breakfast and lunch, or just dinner in the evening?

we requested certain brands of whiskey and wine for my wife and i and cunard stocked our bar with same!!! also each eve we would have a cocktail hour in our suite prior to dinner with a few guests and our butler served caviar, et al.. the bar was restocked as needed!!! also my wife requested a certain wine to be at our favorite cocktail lounge and they did that as well!!

a few weeks prior to sailing a customer service rep will call you and ask if you have any special needs or requests!! tell them whatever it you would like I>E food drink or whatever and cunard will do what it takes!! enjoy bon voyage

Also, do you go to the Queens Grill restauanrt for breakfast and lunch, or just dinner in the evening?

We enjoyed breakfast and lunch there every day. The only downside might be the exercise addicts going round and round the deck just outside the Grill windows. But the window blinds are adjusted so that you see mostly colorful shorts and slacks chugging by, very few equally colorful faces peering in.

Paul

Are these people mad? Do they not understand what a holiday is?

Matthew

Not quite mad, a stroll around the deck can be pleasant, but a marthon is ridiculous. The true lunatics are those who spend hours on the treadmills in the gym, IMHO.

Paul

Not quite mad, a stroll around the deck can be pleasant, but a marthon is ridiculous. The true lunatics are those who spend hours on the treadmills in the gym, IMHO.

Paul

Indeed. A stroll is one thing. Jolly nice too - especially at 2 am mid-Atlantic! But I doubt whether an "exercise addict" even knows what a stroll is!

Matthew

a few weeks prior to sailing a customer service rep will call you and ask if you have any special needs or requests!! tell them whatever it you would like I>E food drink or whatever and cunard will do what it takes!! enjoy bon voyage

Is this standard? I'm in the Queens Grill in 5 days, and other than my documents, I've heard nothing from anybody. Thanks.

Paul

Well, call me a former semi-lunatic.

When I first started cruising, I got up every morning and did a mile around the deck That was 8 laps on the Crown Jewel. Now I'm not saying it was EARLY morning. There were times it barely qualified as morning! But I did it every single day. Marc often did so later a second time. Then I would try to do the circuit in the gym, skipping the treadmill often since I had already done a deck walk. It didn't hurt that the gym overlooked the bow. Now I am not able to run or even fast-walk- nothing that "jounces" the body, as that will give me a certain asthma attack. but I do try to keep up the page.

These were the days of the midnight grand buffets, and lots of French sauces. I have never been much of a dessert person, however, I might take a taste of one or two. I never worried about asking for two appetizers if I wanted to try both, or even two entrees if I could not decide. I lost weight on every cruise. The use of lovely miracle drug prednisone, which I am unfortunately on at this moment, has destroyed my metabolism to the point where I can no longer do this. Still I eat slowly and let my body have time to find out is has had enough, I take the stairs for as long as I am able and my knees feet and lungs will hold out, and I still do not gain weight on cruises.

So I guess you could call me crazy, or I guess you could call it paying the price to indulge myself without guilt!

Karie,

who is NO fitness fanatic. Not even in my mind! That is my idea of a nightmare!

Is this standard? I'm in the Queens Grill in 5 days, and other than my documents, I've heard nothing from anybody. Thanks.

we sailed 4 times with cunard 2 in p grill and 2 in q grill !!! we only recieved the call from cunard when booked in the q grill!!! we called cunard when we were in the p-grill!!! however each time they granted our requests cheerfully!! wish i was going with you!! bon voyage

We were in 9010 and enjoyed every minute. We were on a 14 day Mediterranean cruise in 2004 and to be upgraded from a B1 Cat. at the time to a Q5 was unbelievable. This was a very special trip as it was a surprise b'day present for my husband as he emigrated to Canada on the Queen Mary so the upgrade was the icing on the cake.

Our steward couldn't do enough for us. Our bar was well stocked and while my husband and I enjoyed a cocktail before dinner, there were always fresh lemons and limes for my G&T. Not being great lovers of caviar, our steward would bring us a bowl of shrimp on ice. Likewise, the Queen's Grill dining staff were fantastic and when my husband ended up with the dreaded norwalk virus, Christophe (Maitre'D) delivered menus to us for each meal for the 72 hours we were confined to our stateroom.

As you know, both of these staterooms (9010 and 9013) are far forward but the ship is so stable you don't encounter too much noticeable movement....unless you are in a storm and then everyone feels it. We sailed out of Southampton but on our return through the Bay of Biscay, everyone on the ship was confined to their cabins. All of the other ships we passed looked like corks in a bathtub. So, all in all, you will love the stateroom and all of its amenities and appointments.

This truly was a cruise of a lifetime for us and I wish you bon voyage as well.

Archived