Bottle of wine or a box of wine?? Honest question w/no smuggling

cruiselubbers

Ya know friends I was just thinking about something..........

If each person bought a box of wine instead of a bottle I wonder if this would be acceptable? A box is not huge....you know one of those ones that has a pour spout on it. It's a 5 liter box.

I mean I don't think this is over bringing, but maybe I'm wrong. Of course I am sure if I am someone will tell me! But please tell me nicely! This is an honest, not trying to smuggle & not trying to over bring question!

Thanks!

:p

I brought six 1-L tetrapacks of wine to our cruise last year. No problem.

Each night I open on pack for our table of 7. Most of them drink a little, and I 1.5-2 glasses.

It's a lot lighter to carry, and better for the environment.

We have taken the boxed wine on our last two cruises on Hal, no problem there whatsoever. This time I will be going solo and am also going to take a small box of Zinfandel. I like a glass of wine in my cabin while getting ready for dinner and when I come back to the cabin in the evening.

I prefer not to take bottled wine, as I can't (usually:p ) drink a whole bottle in an evening and don't like recorking it. I also buy my fair share of drinks on board, last cruise I found the Mojito to be my drink of choice, next time who knows?:eek:

I brought boxed wine on my last cruise and the only question that secuirty asked was--"What is that"...hubby said "Wine" and she said "oh ok." Off we went....the wine was in my cooler--this was last September so it was before the lastest hoopla about bringing on drinks.

My friend did that because she didn't want to risk a glass bottle breaking in our checked luggage during the flight. (me on the other hand... with heavy duty 2 gallon freezer bags, some beach towels, and one nervous flight... braved it with 3 bottles of merlot!) It was in her checked luggage when we got to the room so no problems. I'm sure that would be just fine.. assuming you don't have a dolly with 10 cases when you walk in.. lol

My PV guy at Carnival told me we could bring a "reasonable" amount of wine and champagne onboard..I told him we were from NY and he needed to define reasonable...lol.....he said a CASE of wine....I have his name and number and am not afraid to use it lol...

Archived