Live from the Dawn (in the Owners Suite)

Smellytoes

Although unoffical, it appears NCL's Summer 2008 lineup is filling up.

Hawaii > Aloha and America

Alaska > Pearl, Star, and Sun

New York > Gem to Bahamas, Dawn to Bermuda

Boston > Majesty to Bemuda

Europe > Jewel and Hawaii (not sure exactly where they will be sailing from)

We still have no idea where the Spirit and Dream will be sailing.

I think there's a possiblity that the Dream will be sailing for Star Cruises that summer. So, I wonder where the Spirit will be? Is it possible NCL will sail three ships from New York, or three ships in Europe? And if the Dream doesn't leave, three ships in both places?

I thought the dawn was heading to Miami??:confused:

I thought the dawn was heading to Miami??:confused:

It is, for the winter 2007-2008 season. It'll probably return to Miami the following winter too.

Cruise lines reposition ships all the time, for different seasons. Who really wants to take a cruise to Alaska during the winter? It's much too cold. Likewise, who wants to take a cruise to Cape Horn during the winter? Too cold! Or cruise to the tropics in the summer? It's much too hot and humid.

Afterwards, with the latest news about the Gem, Jade, and Jewel sailing to Europe for the summer 2008 season, the only Panamax sized ship left in NCL's fleet that's not committed to Europe or Alaska is the Dawn, the size ship NCL needs to be sailing from New York. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spirit in New York that summer too.

Which means my previous prediction was wrong! I'm still zero for whatever. My crystal ball has been cloudy for years. But it is still fun to discuss and predict where we think the ships may go.

Smellytoes,

It's great your having fun! Thanks for passing on our message to Claudio and Eka.

Are you taking advantage of the portable phone and taking it around with you? It's great to contact the butler or conceirge for last minute requests or checking up with your kids or DH/DW. ;)

Reading your blog is getting me excited. 25 more days to go. You'd think we wouldn't get so excited after going on the same ship so many times. It's gotta be our crew friends we miss. WOW, very expensive relationships we have! Besides Eka and Claudio we have kept in touch with Carmen, the butler from Romania. She's now on the Sun.

I think we need help! CA= Cruising Anonymous! :o

So are you folks saying that Dawn will do NYC Bermuda 7 days / 6 nights with 3 days in Bermuda? I hope so since that is exactly what I am looking for in 2008!:cool:

So are you folks saying that Dawn will do NYC Bermuda 7 days / 6 nights with 3 days in Bermuda? I hope so since that is exactly what I am looking for in 2008!:cool:
Just remember it's three days in Kings Warf. Not my ideal situation. :(

I agree...I prefer the St George / Hamilton itinerary but the Dawn will be the only game in town. Hopefully Bermuda's ever-increasing fleet of high speed ferries will help!

I kept hearing rumors that Dawn was coming to Boston to replace Majesty. I will certainly be disappointed if Majesty hasn't been dumped for 2008. I had hoped to sail Dawn to Bermuda in June 2008 from Boston for our 40th anniversary. No way I'm sailing an old ship like Majesty for my anniversary.

If we have to travel to NYC for another cruise, we'll be taking Princess again.

I kept hearing rumors that Dawn was coming to Boston to replace Majesty. I will certainly be disappointed if Majesty hasn't been dumped for 2008. I had hoped to sail Dawn to Bermuda in June 2008 from Boston for our 40th anniversary. No way I'm sailing an old ship like Majesty for my anniversary.

If we have to travel to NYC for another cruise, we'll be taking Princess again.

It has been confirmed that the Dawn will NOT be replacing the Majesty. What I don't know is will NCL replace the Majesty at all in 2008. I'm going to take a shower and go see Jenni right now. (I just spent another glorious day at Bannister Caye in Belize) She told me she'd have the itineraries through 2008 today.

Glad to hear that Dawn will be staying in NYC to replace Crown on Bermuda run. I can't wait to sign up and I am a diamond member of RCCL Crown and Anchor. I don't like the 5 day thing they have from Bayonne and their prices are out of this world. On the other hand, if you take RCCL out of Ft Lauderdale like I am in May, their prices are great!

I have not been on NCL since the summer of 2001...have they changed?:cool:

My cruise has been absolutely devine so far. They are still offering the 250 deposit (which I will put down) and they seem pretty positive that it will be the Dawn out of NY to Bermuda for 3 days. It will be docking at King's wharf (obviously) but I like the Dockyard. Lots to see and do right there too.

Smelly Toes,

Glad you're having a great trip!!!!!!

Thanks for the up to the minute Dawn 2008 scoop!!!!!! I think all of the NY cruisers are on the edge of our seats waiting for official word!!!!!

IMO the Dawn doing a 3 day stop in Bermuda would be PERFECT!!!!!! Plenty of time to catch a ferry to St. George or Hamiliton. Nice and close to the Southern beaches via bus or cab.

NCL Vets,

Can someone explain how the $250 Freestyle Rewards program works. Can I use the $250 deposit to book with any TA, including online discounters??? Is the $250 the only deposit required for the entire cabin until final payment??? If you need to cancel before final payment, is the $250 transferable to another booking??? Thanks:)

Glad to hear you're having such a great time on this beautiful ship!

I am anxiously awaiting word from you on the 2008 summer cruises, specifically Boston to Bermuda/NYC to Bermuda!! I am just waiting for the itineraries to come out so we can book for next summer!!

Smellytoes - Has your itinerary changed at all on your 12 day Dawn cruise due to the Azipod Thruster problem?:confused: NCL stated that starting on April 11 and until drydock (end of May) that NO changes would be required to Dawn's itineraries, but I would like to hear from a CC friend instead of just taking NCL at their word. I'm scheduled for Dawn 5/12 to 5/19 Bermuda/Bahamas and I would NOT want to miss either island due to engine problems. Thanks in advance for the info. Zapperman

Smellytoes - Has your itinerary changed at all on your 12 day Dawn cruise due to the Azipod Thruster problem?:confused: NCL stated that starting on April 11 and until drydock (end of May) that NO changes would be required to Dawn's itineraries, but I would like to hear from a CC friend instead of just taking NCL at their word. I'm scheduled for Dawn 5/12 to 5/19 Bermuda/Bahamas and I would NOT want to miss either island due to engine problems. Thanks in advance for the info. Zapperman

Hi Zapperman,

We are on the same cruise, where in Ct do you live? We have a group of 8 all family, 6 of us are from Ct. ( Milford, East Haven, Beacon Falls)

I agree with you, I wouldn't want to miss either island too. Haven't heard to much about the Dawn and it's engine problems in awhile. Not much longer to go, hope we have good weather. See ya aboard.

Hi Guil - Were from Newington, CT, my party consists of my wife and myself and my son Jonathan and his girlfriend Becky. Hope to see ya aboard,:D do you know if there is a CC get together on our cruise? :confused: Zapperman

Hey Smellytoes. I am soooooooooooo jealous. I was suppose to be on your cruise in an aft suite and had to cancer due to an illness in the family. Fortunately our family member has improved and is on the road to recovery thank goodness, but we canceled our cruise for "nothing". :(

I would not be so disappointed if the Dawn or at least the Gem was going to do a "western caribbean" itinerary from NYC at some point in 2008...but no such luck there. We don't fly so I guess we will have to wait till they make new plans down the road. I'd even go for another 11 Southern Caribbean cruise but there are only a few in Jan and Feb. Oh well.

I am glad to see you are having a ball....nice to know the weather has been kind to you. ;)

Does anyone know if NCL will have a ship leaving from Houston?

Thanks, Karin

There will not be a NCL ship sailing from Houston this winter. It doesn't look good for next winter either, but it's possible now that the Jade will not be sailing around Hawaii. We'll know more later this spring, after NCL posts the winter 2008-2009 ship itineraries.

Hi everybody!!! I'm home:mad: . Sorry to leave and not post again but I ran out of internet minutes and when I checked to see how many minutes my kids used I screamed:eek: . Anyway, from what I've been able to gather the itineraries from 4/08 and beyond have not been set. I was told onboard that it won't be until 5/15 before everything is set but it should be interesting. It's funny because some of the staff are still under the assupmtion that the Dawn is going to Boston. Claudio assured me that is NOT the case. So we all have to wait and see. Right now I have a mountain of laundry that I'm waiting for my butler to take care of but he doesn't seem to be answering me.:mad:

Archived