petite/plus sizes for formalwear

Look at the Is This Formal Enough thread. It is in this section There are some websites listed that look like they make custom sizes. If that does not have what you are looking for, there are a lot of people here that have great information ~ I'm sure somebody will be able to help you soon.

I am on the edge, not considered petite yet the regular length is too long most of the time. I am like 5'5 but my legs are not long, I can actually wear a petite length in pants and they are just right.

I have resorted to tea length dresses or cocktail dresses for formal wear. The longer dresses require altrations in most cases.

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, Nitra, I do look for the tea length dresses. I actually have to hem my petite length pants! LOL

Me too. Maybe they should make midget size slacks.(no offense meant)

Laura

Talbots has an extensive selection of plus size petite and missy formal separates. If you are a plus on the bottom and a missy on top, this might be a good option for you. Talbot's is a little more on the conservative side (which is why I'm attracted to their clothing) but it may be a good option for you. I found these selections:

http://www1.talbots.com/talbotsonline/prodnav/viewall.aspx?pfid=1549&BID=&h=W&act=fld

Hope this helps.

--Judy

Thanks Pcur- the dress barn near me only goes as high as a size 16 :(

Oh well.

That's Dress Barn; they also have a Dress Barn Woman. See if there's a "Woman" in another location somewhere near you by checking the store locator on their web site.

Also, try Catherines. If there isn't a store near you, then they have a really extensive online store. Forgot about that this morning when I posted. I get almost all my clothes at Catherines.

Archived