Dunn's River Falls

helen77388

You will get SOAKED (completely submerged at some parts), so be prepared. There were a couple spots where you could "get out" and walk up the stairs next to the falls, though. Water shoes are a near-must. Swimsuits, for sure... some people tried to wear "hike" clothes and were miserable.

We just returned from the falls and had a great time. There are lockers that you can rent for $5. The water shoes were $5 to rent and I think $15 to buy.

You must get the water shoes. I can't imagine trying to climb without them. It is rocky and a bit slippery, and the water shoes really help.

The climb looks more difficult than it actually is. The guides help you out and make sure you don't fall. We are in our mid 50's and did just fine. We saw elderly people, out of shape people, young people....everyone had a great time!!

I was at Dunn's Falls in March 2007. After you pay your $15 entrance fee, there is a changing room/restroom in a building to the right. In a separate area further down the hill, there are lockers for your clothes. However, a warning sign informs the public that the safety of valuables is not guaranteed.

If you have someone in your group in a wheel chair, then you may want to reconsider Dunn's Falls. There is not much for someone in a wheelchair to do or see. He/she would have to just pretty much remain at the top portion of the falls.

If I remember correctly there were a couple of stairs into the restrooms. There might have been ramps, but I didn't see any.

Archived