Best way to get to...

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out what's the best way to get to the passenger terminal in Montreal. I can't seem to find an address or shuttle info to try to find the different routes or pricing. I'd be arriving at Montreal airport (YUL which is Trudeau airport).

If anyone has suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out what's the best way to get to the passenger terminal in Montreal. I can't seem to find an address or shuttle info to try to find the different routes or pricing. I'd be arriving at Montreal airport (YUL which is Trudeau airport).

If anyone has suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

There are only two passenger ports in Montreal. Quai King-Edward (King Edward Pier) and Quai Alexandra (Alexandra Pier). Here is a Google map to their location. They are essentially at the foot of the river in Old Montreal.

Here is a link to the directions from Dorval (what the locals call the airport, even though it's real name is Pierre-Elliot-Trudeau International) to King-Edward Pier. Though, depending on the hour, the driver is more likely to go down the 20 to the 720 or take the 20 to the 15 and then take the 10 into Old Montreal, since the junction of the 520 and 40 and then 40 and 15 are often extremely slow in the afternoon. The 20 is slow, but clears up right after the exit for the 138 (Whiskey trench of the 138 and the Mercier bridge).

There is no shuttle to the port. Taxis should be fixed fare of $35. The shuttle goes to the corner of Berri and de Maisonneuve (a block away from my home). You could take the shuttle there and then take a taxi from there. That would be a shuttle to here and then a taxi from here. The shuttle also stops at a number of hotels which might even be closer. The shuttle is $14 each way. I think they stop at the Inter-Continental, which would probably be their closest stop to the pier. And before you ask, I don't call that walking distance with luggage.

Ok Ephraim, you hold a scary amount of knowledge!:eek: :D

Thank you so much! I will be toting a ton of luggage (give or take) and sounds like overall the taxi sounds like the best bet.

Merci!

Well, I have lived in Montreal most of my life. We have different names for some things in English in Montreal and it can drive some people crazy. We don't care what it says on the sign... St-Laurent is St. Lawrence, for example. The 20 exchange just before it meets the 15 is called the Turcott yards (even though they removed the yards years ago) and that part of the highway is called the 2 and 20 even though they renumbered highways so long ago that no one can remember when it was the 2. The 720 is called the Ville Marie Expressway. And the 15 between the 40 and the 20 when it's in a trench is called the Decarie Expressway. The part of the 10 that runs on the island of Montreal is called the Bonaventure Expressway.

Montreal is all about the bridges and tunnels for those who live in the 'burbs. Remember, we are on a mountain on an island surrounded by fresh water. Which, incidentally is another thing special about a cruise from here. There aren't very many fresh water ports for cruise ships. Montreal and Quebec City. After Levis, it becomes an estuary and it's all salt-water from there on.

Sounds phenomenal. I must admit, they have some of those peculiarities here at home, at my Dad's in Gatineau but I know it's especially bad in Montreal. Unfortunately, Montreal is one place I haven't visited much so I'm not very familiar with it (read: St. Patrick's Day on Rue St. Catherine:D ). But it has always amazed me how the term in English can be so very different form the French. Then again, I always hated reading the cereal boxes because the translation was never quite right.

Thanks for you help. I'm certainly looking forward to the cruise.

• 5 years later...

Can you confirm that a shuttle will transport us from Montreal Airport (Trudeau) to Quebec City cruise port for about $29 ?? We've been given this information, but no details and find it very worrisome. HELP! You do seem to know the area, and if you know the answer to this question, I will be eternally grateful.

signed Bonjody

The prior post was from 5 years ago, and the poster hasn't been on the boards here in nearly 3 months.

If you're looking for assistance, you might want to start a new thread with a much mroe specific title than this one.

Can you confirm that a shuttle will transport us from Montreal Airport (Trudeau) to Quebec City cruise port for about $29 ?? We've been given this information, but no details and find it very worrisome. HELP! You do seem to know the area, and if you know the answer to this question, I will be eternally grateful.

signed Bonjody

Where did you get this info? I would be shocked of you could get a shuttle to transport you the 170 miles or so for that price...

Orleans Express operate a bus service from YUL to Gare du Palais in Quebec City, which is a 5-minute taxi (or 10-15 walk) from the port.

Archived