Where are the best zipline's?

mommykim

~Ketchikan - we did this one after PV, and I took my 72 father with me. My mother was very worried about his health (he has had heart attacks in the past), but he did excellent and fell in love also! It had fewer lines but they were alot longer and much hihger up (about 150' at the highest). This was also a self braking sstem, BUT the lines were so long and kind of drooped in the middle, and most of the time you never had to brake at all, mostly just self-rescueing when you didnt make it all of the way! We learned the joys of " canonballing" and tucking your legs to get more speed. There was a very lightweigh girl who got stuck ALOT - heed the weight restrictions, both ways! It was raining, and we had "sap jackets" provided, as this was underlots of trees, similar to PV's, canopy of trees. Booked through Princess, about $140. Cameras were allowed, no photography was provided. I had my camera around my neck, and the guide would push the start button as I left the platform, and I love the "barf-o-vision" videos I got!

This is wonderful info - thanks so much for all of these details! :)

You are welcome - let me know if anyone has any questions!

Also, I forgot to mention, they just opened a new course in Juneau, run by the same outfit in Ketchikan. They were very good, cant wait to do both next time!

Casey

Yes, I'm trying to decide which one to do... but first I need to figure out what other excursions I want to do!

We just returned home from our cruise on the Dawn Princess. We had tried to sign up online before the cruise for the Puerto Vallarta ship sponsored zip line and were waitlisted. We then signed up online directly with the Los Veranos Canopy Tour and that worked out great. Cost was $142 for two, which was about $50 cheaper.

On arrival in Puerto Vallarta, we got on a shuttle van right at the pier that was headed downtown and asked if he would take us to the Los Varanos office. We must have been asked three times if we had a reservation, but he agreed to take us. Cost was $8.00.

The zip line was great. 14 in all, I believe. Afterward, we had time for lunch at their restaurant before taking their shuttle back. A nice surprise was that they took us back to the ship for no additional charge.

Archived