One day in Barbado's looking for a great beach.

cabana

I would recommend Accra beach, It's about 15-20 mins from the port, great bathing with beach chairs and umbrellas available for rent. Across the road is Cheffete restaurant where you can get rotis, pizza, chicken & fries salads etc. There is also a small shopping area across the road from the beach with botiques etc. When you are ready to leave Accra there is taxi stand right in the car park,

There are stalls on Accra where you can buy beer, pepsi sandwiches etc also. Hope this helps. It's on the South Coast.

I would recommend Rockley Beach. Water is calm, lots of soft white sand, and there are restaurants across the street. We stayed in Barbados for five days a few years back and went to several of the beaches, but we kept returning to this one!

Cabana just for your information Accra beach is also known as Rockley beach and yes the water is calm and great for bathing especially to the eastern end. Have a great time, I lived in Bdos for years and this was my favorite beach.

Just back from Barbados on 4/6/07 and we went to Accra/Rockley beach. We really enjoyed our day there. It cost $20 each way for 2 adults & 2 children. We also rented 2 chairs and an umbrella I think for $20. The day we were there it was breezy and the water had some good waves not calm but not rough( I live on the Jersey Shore- so in comparison it was not rough) There was also about 15 feet to walk in where the water was shallow. It was good for the kids. We loved Barbados and are planning to go back. Enjoy your trip.

We were in Barbados on 4/12/07. We beached hopped! Took the local buses to and it was sooooooo much cheaper doing this then taking cabs everywhere. We started off at Mullins Beach (northern Gold Coast), then down to Folkstone Marine Park (mid Gold Coast), we walked a bit to the beach area in front of the Sandpiper Resort (great snorkeling), then took the local bus down to Accra/Rockley beach (southern tip/coast). Water was definitely rough here in comparision to the other beaches. This is where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean. This was more of a body surfing/jump the waves kind of beach. Too rough to do snorkeling in my opinion........EVERY BEACH WAS BEAUTIFUL though :D

Photo album here.....Barbados is towards the end.......

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ebulhiu.65r5e9za&x=0&y=333jdw

• 3 months later...
We were in Barbados on 4/12/07. We beached hopped! Took the local buses to and it was sooooooo much cheaper doing this then taking cabs everywhere. We started off at Mullins Beach (northern Gold Coast), then down to Folkstone Marine Park (mid Gold Coast), we walked a bit to the beach area in front of the Sandpiper Resort (great snorkeling), then took the local bus down to Accra/Rockley beach (southern tip/coast). Water was definitely rough here in comparision to the other beaches. This is where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean. This was more of a body surfing/jump the waves kind of beach. Too rough to do snorkeling in my opinion........EVERY BEACH WAS BEAUTIFUL though :D

Photo album here.....Barbados is towards the end.......

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ebulhiu.65r5e9za&x=0&y=333jdw

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures!! We'll be doing the same itinerary on AOS!!!

Just to echo what yamamma said.....ALL beaches in Barbados are GREAT and thats the truth.:)

Most beaches are normally very calm, the only area you will find a rough surf is on the east coast...which is where we have our surfing meets...so it is ideal for anyone interested in surfing.

I never recommend a beach to anyone as that would be a disservice to all the others. What I would recommend you do is make your pick based on the time you have available and your sense of adventure.

I hope you enjoy your visit to the island.

Archived