TAR GEAAAA Let's Resume This Thread

JanetMarie

Okay, this thread is dedicated to my dear online gals, Lois, Iszu, Holly, Karen, etc.

Remember we had the Target thread going around a while ago? Well, you'll never guess what I found last night. I posted about cosmetic bags, right? Well, if you go to TAR GEAAA, the end of the aisle in the cosmetic area, there are some cosmetic bags on sale. And yes, I bought one - only one! Don't you just love a bargain???:p :p

I am a shopaholic and truly love stores like Nordstroms, Banana Republic, White House/Black Market (really neat, all black and white stuff).

BUT!!! I love going to Tar geaa. Can't go in there without buying something!. Nick-nacks for the home, underwear for the kids. I can always find something. Great values, generally good quality and practical.

I think I just use the practicality of Tar g, to offset the whimsical side of my other shopping obsessions!:D

This will be a fun thread to watch.

Let me guess, it was such a good deal that you're going to stop in again today and get another one? Ha ha ha.

I've got one of those stores between work and home. Love going in for useful stuff like shower curtains, dish drainers, all that good stuff!

I have a Target about a block from my house, which is torture!! I pass it every day when I come home from work and will plan to run in to buy milk or something (our Target recently expanded to have about 6 aisles of food), but I will come out with bags of stuff that I just had to have!! I completely understand the cosmetic travel bag issue - they have the cutest patterns! On my last three vacations, I have used 3 different sets of cosmetic bags simply b/c when I am in Target to buy my travel sized things and whatever else I need last minute for my trip, I always get sucked into the cosmetic area of the store and convince myself that I MUST have the lastest season's bag or whatever. Its really a terrible habit, but so much fun! :)

THEN there is the issue of purses/handbags...Oh my goodness - they have the cutest and very affordable ones at Target and I think I have to have all of those also...its pathetic!!!

Glad I am not the only one!

Carey

I take a set amount of cash every time, but always end up putting a little extra on the debit card. My spree last night was not as fun as yours, though. Laundry stuff, snack food, cotton balls, fem hygiene, nothing exciting.

Must admit to not being a fan in the beginning but love it now. Nice clean stores and good merchandise with great prices.

I also am a fan of Jacque Pennea. Unfortunately the stores are all 45 minutes from my home. Of course there is the internet... :D

The TARGET mania LOL.......too funny!

Now what or who is Jaque Pennea? Never heard of it!

I do need a new disposable camera for my upcoming cruise.....Target LOL

All the pictures on my webshots came from disposables! They came out pretty good!

Well, I, too,did not know what the JP was...oh, girls - you are too funny.

Yes, okay, so I DID go into Tar GEEAAA last night because, and only because I had my nails done, and the salon is adjacent to Tar GEEAAA. Oh, dear. All I did was shop through the sale stuff that someone on this board (Lois!!!) ;) told me about a longgggg time ago. Cute sandle for the pool - flip flop types for dirt cheap. How can you go wrong for 3 bucks. :eek: Simply toss them at the end of the cruise week. One less thing to cart home. And film - great sales on film. DH saw me walk in the door carrying the bags and just shook his head. He has resigned himself to the fact that he should have purchased stock in Tar GEEAAA a longgggg ;) long :) time ago!

Well ladies . . . there's been talk for months, but the sign is now up and the new Tar G is currently under construction near my home. Well . . . they're moving dirt right now, actually. But the way they build things now-a-days, I'll be seeing the building in no time. There's just something about a new store!!!!

It will be my new favorite shopping stop!!!!

JC PENNEY....I didn't know they had a "faux name".

I have always been a PENNEY'S shopper. They have a wonderful Petite Departement.......with brands from Alfred Dunner to Norton's to Liz. And their prices are outstanding.......I didn't know it was considered "A cheap store". I have always been very happy with the quality.

I do also go to other places but I LOVE PENNEYS. Actually found 4 peices there a few weeks ago.....total bill was less than 50.00:D

I just KNEW that Pamela Dennis' collection would literally fly off the shelves. I saw the entire line at the fashion show at QVC in June. Her 1 hour show lasted, I think, 25 minutes! Incredible. I managed to order 2 things on waitlist - the lurex sweater and satin pants -I LOVED that look with the flats (as Lisa said, "so Audrey Hepburn"). They'll be great for my late October cruise for dinner in the supper club. I have these fabulous marcasite/Diamonique earrings and bracelet that will look wonderful with the outfit. Can't wait to wear it.

Just got my real estate license yesterday (2nd career after retiring at an early age 3 years ago), so I'm sure I'll be purchasing more from Pamela Dennis. Loved everything in the show! Perfect professional AND sexy pieces! Not today, though. Wish me luck, girls! The Baltimore housing market has absolutely skyrocketed in prices, so..... I think the market is now #3 in the country. Let's hope the interest rates stay low - at least until I get ONE commission - lol! :)

Hey, I love TAR GEAAA also. I buy everything from the dog's bones to bottled water there. A few weeks ago I bought these great Lee stretch bootleg jeans for $14.99! What a bargain and they fit perfectly!

JanetMarie - sorry there weren't any cosmetic bags on QVC today :D :D !

You probably found a new one somewhere else, though - ha!

You all have a great rest of the weekend! The weather here is gorgeous!

Hi Karen:) I watched the show too...very pretty pieces, but I am not ordering anything today...actually I have been true to my word to myself......I am getting this QCARD paid off before I buy anything else!!

But even if I was ordering.....those prices are too much for me...I know they are well made and she is a big designer, etc...etc...but its not in me to spend like that....

But I am glad you found some things! And congratulations on your Licensce!!!

Lois, I normally don't buy high-end things, but for something that's classic and gorgeous and will last a few years, I will spend more. I will pay some bucks for a good winter coat and boots, but as far as summer clothes, I usually spend the least I can. The just don't seem to last as long and the season's so short.

In Florida, you really don't have to have clothes for 4 seasons. That's the way to go. Maybe I should move there, but, the humidity in Baltimore is enough for me in the summer - lol :D. My girlfriend moved from Long Island to Ft. Lauderdale and now, when it's 70 degrees, she's freezing! I think that's so funny. Everything's relative, ya know?

I love JC Penney also. I just bought a beach cover up and a sweater set there.

Thanks for the congrats!

Karen, yes, everything is relative:) ...oh...and I forgot to tell you.....I found the PERFECT PERFECT necklace and earrings to match that new citiknits outfit:D ....it is a neckwire.....with a fantastic pendant that looks like stained glass...it has golden/red/brown/black colors in it...and a set of earrings with the same stained glass look! I took the top with me today........I found it when I went to the beach!

The pendant is rectangular in shape....and it falls in the perfect spot on my neck.....dresses up the outfit too! And I have another outfit I am taking and it goes with it as well...don't you love versatile jewelery?

I have a black blouse with a nice pair of "brick color slacks" they are nice pants....and the top button on the blouse is low enough the pendant shows perfectly too.....I tried it on when I got home!

Wow, Lois! You really lucked out! The jewelry sounds gorgeous. It will be stunning with the outfit (since I've seen it in person - lol!).

I have a neckwire that I just love. It sits right at the collar bone and any pendant looks great on it. Fortunately, most jewelry goes with mostly anything.

You're gonna be tooooo much to handle on your cruise! ;) Can't believe my first is quickly approaching.

My time on these boards is slowly diminishing. I'll just be too busy with too much to learn.

Have a great week, and, if I don't get a chance - Have a wonderful cruise!

:) Hi Jane.......it is just a FUN thread.......and there are lots of things we have all purchased that we have taken on our cruises.....

They have clearance racks for example, at the end of the rows...if you need little things.....lets say Sunscreen....sometimes it can be found on clearance.....

So, that is the point:D ....just talking shopping for cruising and what can be found at great prices!

Jane ~ ages ago, a lot of us "discovered" as Lois said, the clearance items at the end of certain aisles. We have found travel bags, cosmetic bags, discounted flip flops, $1 zip loc bags for wet bathing suits, hanging jewelry pouches, etc.

So, over the weekend, girls, ;) I was in Tar GEAAA and I bought those handi-wipes that come 15 to a pack. It's a flat pack. I'm going to take them on the cruise and use them when we dock. You know how sweaty you get.......:eek: and this way, DH and I will have a freshening cloth. ;)

I always buy toys for my nephew at Target. They are a lot less expensive than at Toys r' us. I buy him cereal at very reasonable prices. It is usually $3.99 in the supermarket and I buy it for $1.78 at Target. I also purchase my chocolate energy bars that I eat before going to the gym for 97 cents. Anywhere else they cost $1.39.

I've alwyas loved JC Penney. Good selection of petites, like Lois said. I get a lot of my DH's stuff from there. Work clothes and dress clothes in one-stop shopping.

Just got a new swimsuit for DH for $11 or so, and got one for myself to wear as "water shorts" over my bathing suit. Easily half price from what the womens water shorts are! Also love that I could get them now because (a) I'll never find them in December and (b) all the summer stuff is on sale!

Ahh, ok thanks for the info. So, it's about bragging about the buys you've gotten at Target.

I've been to a Target store about 4 times in my life - bought my mother a Virgin cellphone there and bought my neice a hot pink cordoroy blazer really cheap. I think it was about $50.00 and she was thrilled with it.

We don't have Target stores here in NY, but I don't think I'd become a Target addict as many here are.

I did buy a Michael Graves toaster at Target online and I think his line of kitchenware for Target is very well designed and well priced.

Their television ads are extremely well done and I admire the way they have reinvented their image through them. Amazing how well advertising works!

Archived