Days Inn Canal Street

alittlesassie

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel? Just curious if it is a real dive since the price is only $55 per night. We can't bid on Priceline (we live in Canada) and I want to keep our hotel price reasonable. We are staying for two nights in Dec before our cruise and I've already checked the Hilton Riverside and they show that they are booked for the nights I need (Dec 3 to Dec 5).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ABSOLUTELY - book elsewhere. Your savings will be eaten up by necessary cabs as you won't be able to walk outside the hotel after dusk. It's way outside the tourist area and no where I would ever consider. (and I am a tough New Yorker :) )

Sounds like Budget Queen stayed there. It is an old hotel, in poor condition and in an undesireable part of town.

Early December is the peak convention season, and the big hotels book up. Your best bet would be a hotel in the warehouse district. They tend to be less expensive and don't book as quickly. If you need some help, let me know.

Puma...

Do you know anything about The Hampton Inn-Convention Centre? This is in the warehouse district and I was just wondering how far it is to the French Quarter or to the pier.

This is a very nice hotel located more or less across the street from the port. It has a shuttle to/from the French Quarter. Very pricey at times.

This is my opinion but if you want FQ activities- stay there. It is far more convenient to be able to just walk to everywhere as the FQ is a definate walking town. :) Staying outside this area requires far more time and possible expense with cabs- the CBD district at night is dead. Public transportation is way less frequent at night.

and no I've never stayed at the Days Inn, I am very selective on where I stay and I would never even consider that area. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The City Of New Orleans Does Run Specials During The Month Of December. You Should Ask For "papa Noel Specials". Usually Under $100. You Might Also Try Priceline But Check What Hotels Have Been Awarded In What Areas Of The City. I Bid $50 For This Past Weekend (4* In Cbd) And Ended Up With The Marriott On Canal Street. Very Nice---- There Is A Street Car That Runs Up And Down Canal And You Can Also Transfer To Another Street Car That Runs Along The River For A Total Of $1.50 Pp.

Archived