Hotel in Copenhagen?

Anyone have any favorite hotels in Copenhagen.

None look too great.

Thinking about the Marriott

Dangleterre looks a little worn out....and Skt. Petri a little over the top modern.

We are willing to spend the money but want a nice place.

Thanks much

When we spent a few nights pre-cruise in Copenhagen a few years back, we stayed at the Kong Arthur:

http://www.hotelkongarthur.com/

It had been recommended to me by a colleague at work...

It's near Rosenborg Palace, fronting on one of the "defense lakes" that ring the old city...It's a few blocks walk into the Stroget and the center of town (but a very nice walk)...in a fairly quiet residential neighborhood...

Thanks for advice...both are great.

I am leaning toward Marriott and would love to do Priceline but don't have the nerve. There is one other hotel that they list as 4 star that charges $134 a night normally. I fear that is the one I will get.

Had a bad experince once with Priceline years ago...and that has stuck with me. Although I hear lots of people get the Marriott for $100 or less.

Hmmm....do I feel like gambling today?

Definitely don't book the D'Angleterre! We stayed there a few years ago, expected a real treat since it seemed to be the "best" hotel in Copenhagen. Well, it was really nothing special - and the service at the front desk was horrible - and then when we were checking out on the last day, we could never get a bell man. We waited and waited in the lobby - finally, my husband just had to make a couple of trips and we did it ourselves. It is resting on its previous reputation, IMHO.

NJBelle

• 2 weeks later...

Archived