If you change your address be warned!

Gone Cruising

Just an FYI, if you have previously cruised with HAL and have sinced moved to a different address you must call the reservation department to update your new address. Just updating it online is not enough.

I booked a cruise back in October for a May sailing on HAL's website and updated my profile with my new address. Others on this same cruise all received their doc's already, except for me. I called HAL and they informed me the web sites profile they had on me isn't linked to the reservation departments profile. So my doc's were sent to my old address and they wanted me to pay $50 to have them re-issued, which they reduced to $25.

Just a lesson learned:D

Yes, that is pretty cool. Looks like you try a different line every year. Any favorite?

Or favorite depends on what type of aptmosphere we want to be in. Carnival for fun and lot's going on and HAL for relaxation and peace. Princess is somewhere in between and we probably won't ever cruise Norwegian again, unless the deal is too good. Were just happy being on a ship on vacation!

Thanks for the heads up about address changes. Lucky you were traveling with others so knew they had received theirs. You might have waited much longer before calling HAL.

Hope you get your docs soon and have a great cruise.

Ly

Just an FYI, if you have previously cruised with HAL and have sinced moved to a different address you must call the reservation department to update your new address. Just updating it online is not enough.

I booked a cruise back in October for a May sailing on HAL's website and updated my profile with my new address. Others on this same cruise all received their doc's already, except for me. I called HAL and they informed me the web sites profile they had on me isn't linked to the reservation departments profile. So my doc's were sent to my old address and they wanted me to pay $50 to have them re-issued, which they reduced to $25.

Just a lesson learned:D

Thanks for the information.

If I understand correctly you booked with HAL on their website and updated your profile with your new address ... and this was done 7 months prior to sailing. If that's correct I think it's a disgrace that you had to pay extra for HAL's inefficiency. They should be able to manage their own websites.

I agree with Spender Nui. Why enter your info online if HAL isn't going to make it useful? Other cruise lines do, and they hold your information as well, so you don't have to fill out everything each time you sail. I know HAL isn't known for cutting edge online technology ... but this is silly, IMO.

I felt the same way. Now they have been made aware of the problem they claim they will be taking care of it. One of my employees wives I supervise is a HAL TA and she is going to make sure it gets taken care of. I can't really complain since I booked an interior gurantee and was upgraded to a VC Balcony!

That's just nuts - you'd think if you changed it online, it would change it in their system. I personally wouldn't think twice about it, since almost everything allows you to change/update your profile online.

I love HAL but they still have a way to go with their online abilities - I'm tremendously impressed with the online profile I have on Princess & Celebrity, and Disney's isn't far behind either.

We just did our online boarding info for a future cruise and were surprised that our old address of nearly 4 years ago was still listed, even though we have cruised numerous times since our move to our current address. We did change it on the online site but will call. We have had no problems receiving our documents, most likely because HAL sends the docs to our TA who sends to us. They do have our correct address...

Archived