Question about "Mini-Suite" on Sun Princess

southwestgal

I have a question for those of you who have stayed in a mini-suite on the Sun Princess. I like to book a mini-suite mainly due to the bathroom - I love having the tub/shower combination. We've now booked a mini on the Sun (which incidentally looks remarkably like a suite on other ships) and realized that the stateroom has a tub and a separate shower. I want to know if the tub is also set up as a shower or is it just a tub and you have to use the separate shower. I sure hope I didn't pay for a mini-suite and end up with the usual tiny shower.

Thanks in advance for your help! We're looking foward to the Sun as we haven't sailed on her before. We are booked on the Seattle RT departing 9/3.

Happy Sailing!

We were booked in a triple (quad) balcony on the Sun for DW, my adult-size son and myself. We really lucked out when Princess upgraded us to a mini. I think Princess remodels 2 adjoining balcony cabins to make these minis and boy did it save us. The double wide balcony was also a bonus. You will definately get spoiled.

Thanks Druke & Crusediva for clearing it up. I made that assumption because the balconiy looked like just 2 balcony cabins together. I guess I should remember what happens when I assume. You know "It maskes an a...." :o

Yes, they were built that way and yes, they are two verandah cabins thrown together.

The balcony cabins are really tight w/o a couch. The mini suites are comporable to balcony cabins on other cruise lines except for larger bathrooms and 2 tvs.

Don't know what ships you're thinking off - out AC mini on Dawn Princess is listed as 370 sq ft. On HAL's Oosterdam, a standard veranda cabin (cat. VA) is listed as approximately 254 square feet (including balcony), while Celebrity's Infinity averages 232 square feet for a deluxe veranda (cat CC) and 208 square feet for a standard (2A). Most other ships are below 200 square feet.

We had a mini-suite on the Sun (B330) and it was gorgeous. The shower (as everyone has said) is separate but if you open the door into the bedroom you can watch the ocean as you shower - I found that wonderful (apart from the day we were in port and the painters appeared over our balcony!). Also, don't put any bubble bath in the jacuzzi bathtub!

Enjoy!

and it was about the same size as the balcony cabin on X's Constallation. It definately was not equal to 2 cabins.

The balcony room on the Connie is "208 square feet for a standard (category 2A),"as I merntioned above. A mini-suite on the Sun Princess is 370 square feet (AB or AC). While not precisely twice as big, it is 78% bigger - a very significant difference! ;)

sometimes the pamphlets include the balcony size when describing the room size.

from reading these boards, people rave about the mini suites on the Sun and Dawn (sister ships) because of the size of the cabins and balcony. the bathrooms are huge and nicely decorated (marble)

one day I hope to have a mini suite, even a balcony would be nice!;)

Archived