Can we get a fan in the room on Galaxy?

travelingmcmahans

I have a rather inconvenient inability to sleep without a fan. On our one previous cruise on HAL, our room steward brought us a big fan as soon as we boarded and asked.

Do you suppose Celebrity can also oblige? I'd rather not lug my Sharper Image freakishly heavy travel fan with us. If they do have fans I'd imagine they are on a first-come-first-served, and we plan to board later in the day after enjoying lunch in Rome. I wonder if I can request one in advance?

I think you might have success if you write to the Disability Coordinator of the cruise line and ask for a fan to be waiting for you in your room.

We did this with Holland America and it worked.

The Americans with Disabilities Act has made cruise lines much more aware of how to accommodate those with disabilities.

Roberta

Is it just for the white noise? I need a fan or some other noise to sleep and have found a good plug-in air filter (around $17 at Target) that makes a perfect white noise and is small enough to pack in a carry-on bag.

Is it just for the white noise? I need a fan or some other noise to sleep and have found a good plug-in air filter (around $17 at Target) that makes a perfect white noise and is small enough to pack in a carry-on bag.

What a great idea. DH snores, and I wear ear plugs, but something that would make white noise would also help. I'll look at Target - might even look on line or go to ebay and see what I can find.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to come back to this thread -- I check at home the brand of our fan/air filter is Hamilton Beach. It is about 8 inches tall by 6 wide & maybe 2 " deep. The whole thing plugs in -- there is no cord. Sometimes that's a problem with the placement of the outlet on the wall - -something above the outlet could obstruct,etc. so I always take a power strip just in case. Then the little fan can be leaned anywhere. Hope that makes sense. It's perfect white noise -- not too loud and no squeaking parts like some fans have!

I forgot to come back to this thread -- I checked at home & the brand of our fan/air filter is Hamilton Beach. It is about 8 inches tall by 6 wide & maybe 2 " deep. The whole thing plugs in -- there is no cord. Sometimes that's a problem with the placement of the outlet on the wall - -something above the outlet could obstruct,etc. so I always take a power strip just in case. Then the little fan can be leaned anywhere. Hope that makes sense. It's perfect white noise -- not too loud and no squeaking parts like some fans have!

Archived