Printing Boarding Pass with Guarantee Cabin

Pepi

:rolleyes: Hi!

We are will be sailing in August and have booked a guarantee cabin. It will be a while before we know our cabin number. We have already completed our Fun Pass/pre-registration on the Carnival website, but did not yet print our boarding pass/Fun Pass.

Is it better to wait until we know our cabin number before we print it out?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

We are will be sailing in August and have booked a guarantee cabin. It will be a while before we know our cabin number. We have already completed our Fun Pass/pre-registration on the Carnival website, but did not yet print our boarding pass/Fun Pass.

Thanks!

Great question. We are in the same situation.

Thanks

Angie

I do not believe it matters when you print your pass because it does not show your cabin number on it.

My FunPass just shows my booking number, ship name, sailing date, and names.

Thanks for the info

Angie

You can print it when ever you feel like. You might not get your room number until you reach the pier, I bring a sharpie with me so I can print my rm number on my luggage at the pier. The baggage handlers will have a list with your cabin number on it.

When I booked, I got my room number instantly....of course I did not pay for just a guarenteed room, but got to select my room number.

When I printed my FunPass the room number does not show up! In reading other posts I don't think it is supposed to show up, so by all means if you know the rest of your FunPass info fill it out & print it!

If you already have printed out your FunPass and your info changes you can go in and edit it, however there will be no changes made when you reprint your fun pass.

(Know this last part cause I changed from driving to flying & went in edited that information & reprinted FunPass & did not see any difference on the pass!)

Basically FunPass only states names, Status of FunPass, booking #, ship name & sail date!

Have fun!

Printing out funpasses is a waste of trees. With one exception it is of no value. The one exception is if your docs say funpass incomplete, when in fact it is. With the printed funpass in those cases you can use it to get in the funpass completed line (if they actually check).

Thanks!

Its not required to have a print out of your Fun Pass, as long as it says Completed you will be ok. Your docs will say Fun Pass Completed and you will be in their computer.

Fred

Its not required to have a print out of your Fun Pass, as long as it says Completed you will be ok. Your docs will say Fun Pass Completed and you will be in their computer.

Fred

Not always!

I completed my FunPass 4 days after booking & wouldn't you know my documents arrived on the 3rd day after I booked! So my documents say FunPass INCOMPLETE! However my FunPass is complete now so you'd better believe I am carrying that paper with me!

I also read somewhere on Carnival's site to always bring the completed pass with you! Maybe because of people like me who get documents before they have time to decide what their travel arrangements will be!

Fred

I agree that printing the Funpass is a waste of trees. We have booked so close to embarkation that we did not get the actual tickets but still completed the Funpass. No one from Carnival has ever asked to see a print out of it.

I booked in Jan. Final payment for June cruise is due in about 10 days. Should I wait until I make final payment before completing the Fun Pass information on-line?

Doesn't matter... I do it as soon as I get my air booked.

Not always!

I completed my FunPass 4 days after booking & wouldn't you know my documents arrived on the 3rd day after I booked!

Sounds to me like you booked within a week of Cruising to get our Docs so fast. So this really wouldn't pertain to what the OP was asking since the process was already done and they needed to expedite your docs over to you ASAP.

Amendment:

In the case of Cruiselubbers, if your FunPass says Completed online but your Docs do not show completed, then print it out so you can show them if needed.

Fred

Hi, I perform check-in for Carnival cruise line and it is not necessary to have your cabin number on your boarding pass. The cabin number will be looked up at the pier. I have read the past replies and must advice you to print your fun pass and bring with you to the pier. If there is a problem with the computer, that printed fun pass will save you ALOT of time.

Hi, I perform check-in for Carnival cruise line and it is not necessary to have your cabin number on your boarding pass. The cabin number will be looked up at the pier. I have read the past replies and must advice you to print your fun pass and bring with you to the pier. If there is a problem with the computer, that printed fun pass will save you ALOT of time.

The Fun Pass is a great gimmick that Carnival has come up with to get passengers to do the line's data entry work for them. If all of this info wasn't input by the passengers, Carnival would have to hire many more employees to do the typing at check-in or they wouldn't be able to sail for hours later. Think of how long it took you to type in all of the info that they request, then multiply that by 2,500 passengers! With the Fun Pass routine, you do the work and they save the money.

Hi, I perform check in for Carnival and I can telll you that you can print out your boarding pass anytime. The cabin number will be looked up at the pier and added to your pass at that time. Make sure your name in on your luggage.

The fun pass isn't a boarding pass. It's just a way to have the information they would get from you and type into their computer at boarding, already into the computer beforehand so the boarding process can go much quicker. Doesn't make any difference if you fill print it out and bring it or not.

It wouldn't help a bit to show them a print out that says you have completed it if the information doesn't come up when they check the computer. They'd still have to get the info from you (again).

Sounds to me like you booked within a week of Cruising to get our Docs so fast. So this really wouldn't pertain to what the OP was asking since the process was already done and they needed to expedite your docs over to you ASAP.

Amendment:

In the case of Cruiselubbers, if your FunPass says Completed online but your Docs do not show completed, then print it out so you can show them if needed.

Fred

Actually I booked my cruise 7 weeks prior to my cruise date! I also paid in full when I booked, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Also being a past guest, once again not sure if that had anything to do with it. But sure enough they arrived on the third day! I was shocked myself! I have already printed out my FunPass and it's in with my other docs, including airline tickets, birth certificates, etc. I'll have it ready if they need it & if not well atleast I'm prepared. Personally I hope they do look at it just so it's not a waste of tree! However on the positive note I do make a scrapbook of my travels in seperate photo albums and I have everything from my last cruise, so I guess really nothing is wasted! Believe it or not I will put my FunPass in there to, cause it's part of our trip, part of my life, a celebration of our anniversary and hubby's birthday & something for our kids and grandkids to look at in the future. Perserving my family history is priceless! I'm proud of myself for thinking of things like this and for trying to make sure our memories can be shared even after we're gone.

Be blessed! Be a blessing!

I do make a scrapbook of my travels in seperate photo albums.

A Scrapbook Tip, Not sure if they do this on all cruiseships but on the Spirit, the last sea day, they have the Blue Carnival Photo Albums for 5.00, these normally cost 16.95. They also sell a Carnival Scrapbook Kit in the Photo Shop area, they usually break it out on day 3.

Fred

A Scrapbook Tip, Not sure if they do this on all cruiseships but on the Spirit, the last sea day, they have the Blue Carnival Photo Albums for 5.00, these normally cost 16.95. They also sell a Carnival Scrapbook Kit in the Photo Shop area, they usually break it out on day 3.

Fred

Thanks very much for that tip! I'll be on the lookout! My last cruise I bought a blue photo album for it, but I always thought it was be cool if there was something that had more to do with a cruise cover or something of the sort!

:p Thanks again!

Thanks very much for that tip! I'll be on the lookout! My last cruise I bought a blue photo album for it, but I always thought it was be cool if there was something that had more to do with a cruise cover or something of the sort!

:p Thanks again!

Not sure if you seen the White Carnival Album, this one has a Picture Slot in the middle so you can put a nice picture of the Ship, but the price on this one is 21.95

Fred

Not sure if you seen the White Carnival Album, this one has a Picture Slot in the middle so you can put a nice picture of the Ship, but the price on this one is 21.95

Fred

Nope haven't seen that one yet! But it would be really neat! Then I'd have one in Blue & one in White! Good excuse to go on another cruise just to find a red one!

He he he :D

TY again

Be blessed, be a blessing!

Archived