Just off Enchantment..review to come

OK, Im back to work today after a 5 day on the Enchantment of the Seas. I was VERY disapointed in Royal Carribean's service. All in all I had a good time, I was on vacation in the tropics afterall.

This was my fourth cruise. I have done 2 Carnivals and one disney. I am in no way an "expert" but I feel I have a good basis to compare. I will be posting a very detailed review on this board sometime today or tommorrow.

In the meantime, If anyone has any questions about the ship, staff, service, food, entertainment, etc. I would be glad to answer them.

Kevin

PS- I am so depressed to be home. I have a tan but its cold and raining :mad:

I am already in the begining stages of planning a cruise for next year. (It will not be with Royal Carribbean)

Looking forward to reading your review. We were on the Enchantment (5 day) last month. It was our first time on this ship but we've cruised RCCL many times. My DW and I agreed that it was one of the best cruises we've ever taken. I'm sorry that you had a bad experiance and will be interested in what problems you encountered.

Tanker4

We will be sailing on the Enchantment in less than two weeks!!

So excited:) We have two boys (8,6) did you see many kids? How was formal night? Was the food on that night especially good? I was thinking of skipping- Did you guys visit CHOPS? Was the ship clean and tidy? How was the entertainment? Just a few questions when you get a chance:o)

Oh yeah! How as the weather??

Thanks in advance:o

We will be sailing on the Enchantment in less than two weeks!!

So excited:) We have two boys (8,6) did you see many kids? How was formal night? Was the food on that night especially good? I was thinking of skipping- Did you guys visit CHOPS? Was the ship clean and tidy? How was the entertainment? Just a few questions when you get a chance:o)

Oh yeah! How as the weather??

Thanks in advance:o

Hey maybe I can help a little, we were on the sailing before the OP. I can say our sailing had close to 1,000 kids as it was right in the middle of the S FL spring break, they were well behaved from what I saw. We went to Chops on the last night, and the food was AMAZING. We always love that place, and I look forward to it every RCCL cruise. I thought the ship was in great shape, and very clean...The crew was awesome!

I was on the same cruise with skyking and I can vouch for all he has said. The cruise was fabulous. The crew, the best. I can't imagine what happened since we left. Maybe the crew was recovering from all the fun they had with us on board. :D Chops was great for us, too. See our photos and notice the beautiful sunset seen from our table in Chops as we were just about to leave Cozumel. You can also see a sampling of the junior cruisers on board. We were loaded with nice kids during this final cruise of Spring Break. They certainly didn't cause the crew or cruisers any trouble.

We were on the Enchantment when Kevin was. We had the opposite experience. The service we received was the best of all of our cruises, on any line. Our waiter, Rex from the Philippines, was the BEST! We decided not to go to CHOPS for several reasons....and we were really glad we didn't go! We would have missed Rex!!! He was excellent with my nieces and made it extra fun.

And...our cabin steward, James from India, was the best we've had too!! Towel animals every night for the kids....and he even made one for my younger niece to take home.

Our only "down" experience with the crew, was the guy at the "bungee" jump. It was a port day so he wasn't busy....and was still quite "short" with everyone.....and acted like he really didn't want to be there. But...everyone else was very friendly. We loved it!!!

B-52, Yes the concierge lounge has one wall that is completely glass, top to bottom and side to side. Julian, the concierge is a really fun guy. I totally agree about Paradise Beach. It didn't have enough umbrellas for the wall to wall crowds. When I heard they had clean bathrooms, I guess I expected Swiss quality clean - not the piles of toilet paper thrown on the floor beside the toilet. The waiter wasn't at all pleasant until after we gave him a nice tip - only then did he come over to us and thank us. It was hard to get him to come around any other time.

Kathi, I did do Chops but just like you, I always feel like I'm missing my wait staff. And this past cruise I missed my table mates half the nights. They went to Chops on Formal night, we went the next night, so we only got to visit on the first and last night. But Chops is SOOOO good, it's hard to resist.

I sailed on the enchantment in 2004 before the stretch, and the cruise and the service was awesome. So much so I will be sailing on her again May 3rd.

To the op, I'm sorry you did get the service you expected. From all the other posts it seems as if your expericence was an isolated incident. I look forward to reading your review.

Archived