Recommendations for Private Tours in Hobart

wyealbert

Hi folks - fancy meeting you here. Glenda and I are booked on X's Mercury sailing Sydney to Auckland Feb 17, 2008. We plan to fly to AU early, arriving Feb 8 and tour Sydney and Cairns before the cruise.

When are you folks going? Are Ruth and Jack also going?

john

I will be will arriving in Hobart on a cruise next year and am looking for someone to arrange a private tour. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

I highly recommend Lets Show You Tasmania Tours www.showyoutasmania.com.au for private tours in Hobart, Tasmania. Look at some of the prepackaged tours on their website or contact Heather Henri heather@showyoutasmania.com.au to arrange an itinerary that best suits your needs.

We are doing a private tour that includes: Hobart city tour plus Mt. Wellington; Bonorong Wildlife Park; lunch in the historic village of Richmond; and wine tasting at the Meadow Bank Estate.

Heather Henri is extremely easy to work with in planning a tour that suits your needs and the price is considerably less expensive than those offered by the cruise line.

I hope this helps.

Ron aka Cruzer Two

Hi folks - fancy meeting you here. Glenda and I are booked on X's Mercury sailing Sydney to Auckland Feb 17, 2008. We plan to fly to AU early, arriving Feb 8 and tour Sydney and Cairns before the cruise.

When are you folks going? Are Ruth and Jack also going?

john

Hi John,

We are booked on a 31 day on the Sapphire Princess from Sydney to LA Aprril of 2008. We all ready have 107 pages on the Roll Call for the cruise. There are 4 couples that we met from the TA last fall, that we did with you folks on this one also. We have found we really enjoy the longer trips. This time we are doing the precruise Blue Mountain Tour also. Anni and I were in Australia - New Zealand a few years ago and did Carins and Ayers Rock then. We are still looking for something to do in the fall. We are also waiting for prices on the Vancouver to Bangkok in 2009. Some cruises we plan ahead and other we do last minute.

Jeff

We toured with Tasmanian Prestige Tours. Richard was wonderful, taking us on a tour of Hobart, then to Mt. Fields (Russell Falls), Bonarong Wildlife Park, and then to Richmond. His wife, Janet, prepared a lovely "tea" for us of quiche, cake, cookies, tea, coffee, etc. which we ate in a picnic area of Mt. Fields. We thoroughly enjoyed our day and loved talking to Richard about his city and his life in Hobart. We loved Tasmania...incredibly beautiful place.

Hi Jeff and Anni,

We are also interested in the Vancouver to Bangkok 2009, it will be our next biggie after the 2008 Sapphire. I wonder when it will be open for booking. I know a few others on our KOALA cruise that are interested too, it will probably wind up being a reunion cruise...how fun. Sissy

I will be will arriving in Hobart on a cruise next year and am looking for someone to arrange a private tour. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Good way to find small tour operators for your ports of call would be to Google 'Shore Trips [followed by the port name] this usualy digs up some of the local companies. Can also see comments in the CC threads for similar cruises. Regards Pheonix.

Hi Jeff and Anni,

We are also interested in the Vancouver to Bangkok 2009, it will be our next biggie after the 2008 Sapphire. I wonder when it will be open for booking. I know a few others on our KOALA cruise that are interested too, it will probably wind up being a reunion cruise...how fun. Sissy

Hi Sissy,

I have a request for information out to our two TA's (different companies) and have asked for information on Vancouver to Bangkok as soon as they get it. I will let you know when I hear something( which may be a while yet). If you hear anything please let us know also.

Hugs

Anni

Hi Anni and Sissy,

Vancouver to Bangkok sounds like a great trip! I'll keep an eye out for the 2009 schedule. Maybe we can get a group together for this cruise.

Hi John,

We were booked on the Mercury cruise before yours, but switched to the longer Princess cruise to LA. We figured if we were flying that far, we'd like to see the South Pacific too. We'd love to read about your trip and ports before we leave for ours. Regard to Glenda.

Hi Anni and Sissy,

Vancouver to Bangkok sounds like a great trip! I'll keep an eye out for the 2009 schedule. Maybe we can get a group together for this cruise.

Hi Linda,

Yes we REALLY want to do the Vancouver to Bangkok in 2009---let us know when information becomes available if you hear something. I agree it would be great to get a group together,which I'm sure we can do.If we do not bump into you folks before we will see you next April in Sydney, VBG!

We are doing Mexico with the Kids and grand kids(some teens) this summer( along with Smith Mountain Lake) and we are still looking for something for the fall, like a cruise to anywhere! If you hear of something great let us know.

Hugs

Anni

I will second the recommendation for Heather at showyoutasmania.com.au - we used her company in January to see Mt Wellington/MtField/Russell Falls/Richmond Village and Salamanca Place - our driver Charles did a great job.

Debbie

Hi

Suggest you look at this site, you may find something to suit your interest.

http://www.discovertasmania.com.au/home/index.cfm?SiteID=106

Cheers

Mark

If you follow the link from the banner ad at the top oif this page the site has a list of many local private tour companies in most of the NZ and Aussie ports of call. Gives you a few choices. Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Archived