Windjammer For Dinner Question

Margarita1time

I have never dined in the windjammer at dinner. Many other times for breakfast and lunch. My question is this. Is it the same buffet that was served for lunch that day? Is there anything different in the evening? DH and I very rarely have a quiet dinner alone, and may try the windjammer one evining. (no specialty restaurant on the ship). Thanks!

I will assume you are referring to the Lido buffet area on Carnival?

I have all three meals in the dining room, but I've glanced at the buffet offerings a few times. It's all been different from what I've noticed at lunch. Check your "Capers"; often they have one buffet line with specialty (theme, MX, Italian, Asian, etc.) foods, and the other line with regular food.

I have never dined in the windjammer at dinner. Many other times for breakfast and lunch. My question is this. Is it the same buffet that was served for lunch that day? Is there anything different in the evening? DH and I very rarely have a quiet dinner alone, and may try the windjammer one evining. (no specialty restaurant on the ship). Thanks!

The dinner buffet will have different offerings than the lunch buffet in the Windjammer. It was my father's favorite place to eat for all three meals! :)

Our last cruise was on Princess and it was the first time in 10 cruises that we ate almost all dinners in the buffet area.

Lunch and dinner at the buffet will be different-- one being lunch time is more crowded then dinner--most people go to the dining room coz they like to be waited on.

Dinner for us at the buffet was more relaxed more private then we experienced at going to the dining room

You asked about the Windjammer not Princess didn't you?

Just came off the Jewel 3 weeks ago............there will be some items that are the same for dinner and lunch........veggies, mashed potatoes etc. The entree will change although they won't necessarily be the same 100% as they are serving in the main dining room

How different is the buffet on Royal compared to Princess?

Although we never ate in the Windjammer for dinner, we did find that every single breakfast and lunch they had the exact same menu items for 7 days!

On Princess, there was much more variety for all three meals that were not duplicates of the day before. We ate all of our meals in the dining room on RCCL because we were afraid that the dinner menu would also be a repeat. On Princess we only ate in the dining room twice - big difference.

Archived