Philly to NYC Pier

Deb1113

when we took the LEgend out of NY we took the New Jersey transit. It was easy and effort-- not even talking how cheap compared to the limo company--which I never looked into either.

Figure that it costs over 100 round trip from my home in Mayfair to the PHL airports--its gonna costs some bucks to get to NY.

When we got off the train in NY we took a cab--9 bucks one way and told them to tdrop us off at the corner across the street. (that way no charging me while waiting in line to drop me off out front.

I think it was 24 bucks round trip- pp

Generally, when I go to NYC, I always take the SEPTA R7 to Trenton, then NJT. My concern is having to schlep my luggage on what could be a crowded train. I like the idea of door to door by shuttle and that's worth the cost to me. Dave's in $50.00 one way and $100 round trip.

DH and I are going on a cruise out of Bayonne port on RCCL on 5/11/07 and Dave's limo just said prices went up due to gas prices $190 r/t for two. RCCL (maybe other cruise ines too) also has their own bus transportation from Sun Park (near Philly airport) to the dock for free! They say you have to go through your TA if you are using one to book your cruise, otherwise call RCCL direct. They have buses coming in form all over the east coast (Connecticut to Baltimore) Hope this helps!

DH and I are going on a cruise out of Bayonne port on RCCL on 5/11/07 and Dave's limo just said prices went up due to gas prices $190 r/t for two. RCCL (maybe other cruise ines too) also has their own bus transportation from Sun Park (near Philly airport) to the dock for free! They say you have to go through your TA if you are using one to book your cruise' date=' otherwise call RCCL direct. They have buses coming in form all over the east coast (Connecticut to Baltimore) Hope this helps![/quote']

Thanks, I e-mailed Carnival. They don't have this service, unfortunately. I will most likely go with Dave's.

Generally, when I go to NYC, I always take the SEPTA R7 to Trenton, then NJT. My concern is having to schlep my luggage on what could be a crowded train. I like the idea of door to door by shuttle and that's worth the cost to me. Dave's in $50.00 one way and $100 round trip.

if 100. round trip is the price then I would grab it. I like the price of the previous poster sounds about right. (who pays the toll of the tunnel?)

Schlepping our luggage wasnt a problem and going was not a problem with luggage. I think coming back there were tons of people but we did not have a problem with seats. This was a weekend so i guess less people take the trains going then during the week.

Cominghome it was Mothers Day Sunday and there were tons of people on the train

serene- How did you get your luggage up and down the steps? I travel light but those connections are close. Dave's rates are per person. There is also Philly Shuttle and Trinity. But I think they all charge about the same.

Mayfair you say. I live in Wissinoming, grew-up in Holmesburg, my daughter lives in Mayfair. Small world.

Pat.

I'm also thinking about Greyhound. I'm in center city, so taking a cab to the terminal won't be a problem. Luggage can be checked and placed underneath the bus (unlike the train, where I would have to keep it with me). Then I can just hop a cab at the Port Authority to the cruise terminal). The cost is $40 round trip. I know I have time to decide.

serene- How did you get your luggage up and down the steps? I travel light but those connections are close. Dave's rates are per person. There is also Philly Shuttle and Trinity. But I think they all charge about the same.

Mayfair you say. I live in Wissinoming, grew-up in Holmesburg, my daughter lives in Mayfair. Small world.

Pat.

Now I am trying to remember stairs...lol I packlight. One bag- SO has one bag-- very easy. Learn what to do away with each trip.

We are at Frankford and Cottman.

Now I am trying to remember stairs...lol I packlight. One bag- SO has one bag-- very easy. Learn what to do away with each trip.

We are at Frankford and Cottman.

I grew up at Cottman and Battersby. I now live in Rhawnhurst. Last year our Ya Ya group took Dave's to NY harbor for about $74 each r/t. But now the gas prices are higher. Enjoy your cruise.

We have left from NYC a few times. We drove to Mt Laurel Greyhound station, parked for free. Got bus to NYC terminal ($38pp round trip). Took taxi to pier. (about $10). Leaving the ship we had to wait a little for taxi, but no problem. We are at Cottman and Castor. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived