Century 12/1/08 TA - Book now or onboard?

PaulfromPA

Hi everyone:

I see that there is a "special" going on right now for X's 2008 transatlantics: If we book before April 30th, depending on cabin type we get special amenities thrown in.

I am going on the Century's eastbound TA 10 days from now, so I will be on board when this special runs out. Thus my question: If I am seriously considering the 12/1/08 westbound on the Century, should I put a deposit down now, or should I wait until I am on board and go to the "future cruise" desk? In other words, will I snag any better deal booking on board, or will I lose this opportunity if I don't book before I go?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice!

Paul

Hi Paul,

I am very curious about the specials you mention for the 08 TAs. I have already booked Centurys TA for 1 Dec 08 and do not know anything about any specials. Can you eleborate? Where can I find this info?

Enjoy Century. Wish I were on this sailing also. Cannot wait to get back on her. Just love this ship.

Anne

Anne:

When I posted that question there was an advertisement right here on Cruise Critic about the special incentives for booking X 2008 TAs. The advertisement said the OBCs are in effect until April 30th. I imagine that one should be able to get this credit regardless which travel agent one uses. So, if you are interested, I recommend a call to the agent who booked you.

Hajekfam:

Thanks for the link. I have decided to go to the FCD onboard and see what kind of deal I can finagle. What I might do is put down a deposit on an unnamed future cruise. It seems these OBC deals pop up every now and again, so maybe I can combine both deals if my timing is right.

Thanks for the responses!

Paul

Archived