Europe--Summer 2008--Some are up today!!

theduffys

Just looked on the old search engine for NCl cruises and saw that in Summer 2008 the Gem will be doing a 7 day r/t Barcelona and the Jewel will be doing a 12 day Baltic capitals form Dover (London). These must have been posted this morning. We are really interested in the Turkey to Barcelona itinery. Hope that the POH (Jade) will be slotted here. Does anyone think we will see that one tomorrow?

Of course NCL will keep us in NYC waiting to see what will be sailing out of here :mad:

Hopefully it will be released later today or by the end of the week. What is everyone's speculation on the ship for NYC to Bermuda? We are definitely getting an older ship. I was so looking forward to thr Gem. I really enjoy NCL BUT for President's week they took the Gem out of the 10 day intinerary and also for Easter Break, and now it is not even here for the summer.

Just tried to search the itineraries and nothing is uploaded yet!

the Gem - 7 day

LocationTimeSunDEPART BARCELONA, ES 7:00 PMMonCRUISE 12:00 AMTueARRIVE-DOCK VALLETTA, MT 8:00 AMTueDEPART VALLETTA, MT 3:00 PMWedARRIVE-DOCK NAPLES/POMPEII, IT 8:00 AMWedDEPART NAPLES/POMPEII, IT 7:00 PMThuARRIVE-DOCK CIVITAVECCHIA (ROME), IT 7:00 AMThuDEPART CIVITAVECCHIA (ROME), IT 7:00 PMFriARRIVE-DOCK LIVORNO, IT 7:00 AMFriDEPART LIVORNO, IT 7:00 PMSatARRIVE-ANCHOR VILLEFRANCHE, FR 7:00 AMSatDEPART VILLEFRANCHE, FR 3:00 PMSunARRIVE-DOCK BARCELONA, ES 5:00 AM

the Jewel - 12 day

DayEventLocationTimeMonDEPART DOVER, GB 4:00 PMTueCRUISE 12:00 AMWedARRIVE-DOCK COPENHAGEN, DK 9:00 AMWedDEPART COPENHAGEN, DK 7:30 PMThuARRIVE-DOCK WARNEMUNDE, DE 8:00 AMThuDEPART WARNEMUNDE, DE 9:00 PMFriCRUISE 12:00 AMSatARRIVE-DOCK TALLINN, EE 8:00 AMSatDEPART TALLINN, EE 5:30 PMSunARRIVE-DOCK ST. PETERSBURG, RU 8:00 AMMonDEPART ST. PETERSBURG, RU 7:00 PMTueARRIVE-DOCK HELSINKI, FI 8:00 AMTueDEPART HELSINKI, FI 5:30 PMWedARRIVE-DOCK STOCKHOLM, SE 8:00 AMWedDEPART STOCKHOLM, SE 5:30 PMThuCRUISE 12:00 AMFriCRUISE 12:00 AMSatARRIVE-DOCK DOVER, GB 5:00 AM

spacer.gif

Just looked on the old search engine for NCl cruises and saw that in Summer 2008 the Gem will be doing a 7 day r/t Barcelona and the Jewel will be doing a 12 day Baltic capitals form Dover (London). These must have been posted this morning. We are really interested in the Turkey to Barcelona itinery. Hope that the POH (Jade) will be slotted here. Does anyone think we will see that one tomorrow?

Yesterday's Press Release stated that the Jade itineraries will be posted next Tuesday (24th).

LOL...the best part is the GEM is doing a Florida & Bahamas cruise on APR 26th, 2006 and will be at her 1st Med. cruise in Barcelona on May 4th...LOL, I bet they will fly her over!!!

Regarding your post...I wonder if cruise air will be available (attempt at levity - not always reached - but an attempt all the same!) :eek:

Ciao,

W A W W

Of course NCL will keep us in NYC waiting to see what will be sailing out of here :mad:

Last night someone posted here (I forget who) that the Dawn may be coming back for the summer of 2008 (perhaps for NY to Bermuda).

I'm ready to book for 2008, and would love to go with NCL, however the Med itinerary is what I'm waiting for. Time will tell.

Ciao all,

W A W W

We got an email yesterday about the itineraries, but it was a little vague as to what the Jade will be doing. She will do both Barcelona and Turkey, on the same itinerary I am not sure.Hopefully we will get more information in a few days.

Nita

From the press release, expect the Jade's itineraries next Tuesday, April 24.

Basically all that is left is Hawaii, I expect no more surprises, and summer cruises from the Northeast, New York and Boston. Alaska and Europe will all be posted by next Tuesday. Repositionings may take a while longer to be posted.

Really surrpised there isn't a thread about this yet as I got the email last night...

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/destination/details.html?destinationCode=EUROPE

Note there are NO Greece/Turkey/Egypt 2008 cruises posted yet.

Note that the DREAM is completely absent from the Baltic, so no more Keil Canal.

Looking at the 12 and 13 day Baltic Itineraries: They all include FOUR sea days which in my opinion is too many. There's too many place to see in the Baltic for that. If I go to the Baltic I want port time. If want sea days I cruise out of New York/Charleston/Miami and not spend a bunch of money to fly over the Atlantic.

Yes, NCL posted Monday. Two of the three ships going to Europe are posted, the third ship will be up on April 24 per the NCL press release.

So far, NCL has posted summer 2008 itineraries for the three Alaskan ships, soon all three European ships. We can assume Hawaii will be up soon, we already know that two ships will sail Hawaii, probably with continued current itineraries. We are waiting for the prices and booking opportunities.

This leaves three ships left: Dawn, Spirit, and Majesty for the Northeast summer itineraries out of New York and Boston. NCL is expected to post them this week or next. All three ships will have to go to Aruba on their repositioning cruises, I believe.

So far, NCL has posted summer 2008 itineraries for the three Alaskan ships, soon all three European ships. We can assume Hawaii will be up soon, we already know that two ships will sail Hawaii, probably with continued current itineraries. We are waiting for the prices and booking opportunities.

This leaves three ships left: Dawn, Spirit, and Majesty for the Northeast summer itineraries out of New York and Boston. NCL is expected to post them this week or next. All three ships will have to go to Aruba on their repositioning cruises, I believe.

I'm still waiting for the 2008 Panama Canal cruises to be posted. I thought they might be when the Alaska cruises were posted because they're usually repositioning cruises, but no luck so far. Any idea when I can expect to see them?

I booked earlier today - the Gem is taking over the Med. itinerary of the Jewel (only change in ports is Valletta). I pretty much had my pick of cabins. I originally went for a BB - cabin 9092 but later decided to move up to an aft BA and booked 10668. I can't afford any higher........given my category limit - did I book a decent location?? room?? Would you recommend I change it to anything else or did I pick ok?? We've never had anything higher than an OV before - so this will be our first balcony experience.

Thanks.

Aft facing cabins are great - and usually VERY difficult to obtain - hold on to it. We were in an aft BA on deck 9 on the Pearl (sister ship to the Gem) and loved the location.

Forgot to say - we've booked an aft mini-suite for the Gem's first main cruise (Dover to Barcelona in October).

I'm still waiting for the 2008 Panama Canal cruises to be posted. I thought they might be when the Alaska cruises were posted because they're usually repositioning cruises' date=' but no luck so far. Any idea when I can expect to see them?[/quote']

What holds up the repositioning and Panama Canal cruises is finding availability for the ships in ports enroute. Not every port wants to many on any one day, preferring to limit the number of ships in port. Usually they are posted last in this process of posting next year's itineraries. Its a one time thing, not several months of commitment.

Note that the DREAM is completely absent from the Baltic, so no more Keil Canal.

Looking at the 12 and 13 day Baltic Itineraries: They all include FOUR sea days which in my opinion is too many. There's too many place to see in the Baltic for that. If I go to the Baltic I want port time.

Look at the Dream's Baltic itineraries (2007).

Day 1 London (Dover), England 4:00pm

Day 2 Kiel Canal, Germany (Transit)

Day 3 Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany 7:00am 9:00pm

Day 4 At Sea

Day 5 Tallinn, Estonia 8:00am 5:00pm

Day 6 St. Petersburg, Russia 8:00am Overnight

Day 7 St. Petersburg, Russia 7:00pm

Day 8 Helsinki, Finland 8:00am 4:30pm (-1 hour)

Day 9 Stockholm, Sweden 8:00am 4:30pm (-1 hour)

Day 10 Copenhagen, Denmark 7:00pm Overnight

Day 11 Copenhagen, Denmark Noon (+6.5 hours moonlight)

Day 12 At Sea

Day 13 London (Dover), England 5:00am

Here's the Jewel's Baltic itinerary (2008)

Day 1 London (Dover) 4:00 PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 Copenhagen 9:00 AM 7:30 PM (-6.5 hours daylight)

Day 4 Berlin (Warnemunde) 8:00 AM 9:00 PM

Day 5 At Sea

Day 6 Tallinn 8:00 AM 5:30 PM

Day 7 St. Petersburg 8:00 AM Overnight

Day 8 St. Petersburg 7:00 PM

Day 9 Helsinki 8:00 AM 5:30 PM (+1 hour)

Day 10 Stockholm 8:00 AM 5:30 PM (+1 hour)

Day 11 At Sea

Day 12 At Sea

Day 13 London (Dover) 5:00 AM

Looking at the Dream's itinerary, the Kiel Canal can be considered a day "At Sea". The 7:00 PM arrival at Copenhagen can be considered another day "At Sea", and the very early Noon departure surely can't be considered a full day in port.

Therefore, the basic difference between the two itineraries, besides lacking a Kiel Canal transist because the Jewel is too large, is whether you have a day or evening stay in Copenhagen. The Dream had 4.5 hours more in port, but it's at night when most are sleeping.

Much ado over nothing.

Archived