What to wear in May for the Baltic ports.

I was planning to take levis for shore excursions instead of my usual Dockers because they are warmer. Has anyone noticed if people wear them there or would they be out of place. My wife would like to bring some also for the same reason. We prefer not to look too much like tourists when we are in a strange country.

John & Betty

I wore jeans in most of the Baltic ports and never felt out of place. We were there June 19-July 3 and experienced cool and wet weather. The most important thing you can bring is a raincoat or poncho (our dollar store ones were great) and a STRONG umbrella. The winds are incredibly gusty, and we saw more than one umbrella turned inside out!

Hi!

In Stockholm the average temperature for May is 6-15 C/44-59 F with a rainfall of 30 mm/1.2 inches, making it one of the dryer months of the year. Dockers and Levis are fine, and shorts too. That' what many of us wear so you'll look like the rest of the locals. I don't know what ports you will be visiting but I can safely say that this applies to all the Scandinavian/Nordic countries, and Tallinn and St Petersburg are probably the same. I wore jeans to Leningrad back in 1991 and so did several of the russians too. :)

Welcome to Stockholm!

Archived