Price of drinks - better to get coupons or not

pabride2007

I will be sailing on the Liberty this weekend. Is it cheaper to buy some of the drink coupons now. Do you really save that much by purchasing the coupons. On average what is the cost of a drink from the bar. Thanks for the help.

for you-- its not gonna matter- Its too later for you to buy coupons and you cant buy coupons onboard.

bar menu:

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

r u getting married onboard the Liberty?? We got a wedding there in August

For future reference:

If you purchase a drink which is ANY LESS than the value/cost of the coupon, then you are losing out - they do not credit you or give you anything back in those cases.

If you manage to purchase something for MORE than the value of the coupon, then TYPICALLY they will apply the additional cost to your S&S card.

The ONLY was to come out ahead with the coupons is IF the bartender/server does not hit you up for more $ when buying a more expensive drink. This will happen in some instances. It is hit or miss though.

Most people buy them simply for convenience or a method of cost control. Some receive them as bon voyage gifts from friends or family - in that case, simply use them and enjoy (don't sweat the minor cost issue).

Tom

I hope you will post a review on how things went for you (at least on the Honeymoon/wedding board. ) If not please send me an email since I am dying to know how it all works out.

We took a delux 1 1/2 hour reception. Theywill let us know 2 weeks before the wedding where it will take place.

(I was hoping that an option woulda been the Ionian lounge as that is an impressive place-- had tea time there last cruise.

Things that i am curious about-- what time you got to the pier-

how was checkin for all those people. what your guests did from the time they got onboard until the wedding. (seems like a lot of time)

and what time were your non sailing guests leave the ship.

Archived