Obstructed view

Hey all,

We're getting ready to book a cruise on Majesty. But as I was looked at the cabins offered I noticed that deck 8 has obstructed views. Does anyone know how obstructed they are? I'm assuming it is from the life boats but not sure. I'm a little worried because I don't want something that would be scary looking or something. I mean I don't know if it would be or not. So I'm hoping someone here can fill me in on this. Maybe someone has a pic or something. Also looked at the port hole cabins. How small are the port holes? Are you really close to the water? Are they big enough to get a good view or just kinda small and there? Any info anyone has would be great. Thanks all!

Here is a link to a picture of a deck 8 view on Monarch which is the sister ship to Majesty. Also there are some cabins that have a better view, I think between the lifeboats? Here is a list. They should be the same as Monarch, though maybe someone else could verify that.

http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/48/49/1/19/71/334811971rCfytr_th.jpg

Monarch Deck 8- minimally obstructed views

8008 8508

8030 8530

8032 8532

8034 8534

8036 8536

8038 8538

8048 8548

8050 8550

8060 8560

8072 8572

8084 8584

8096 8596

Hope this helps!

The views from OV cabins without balconies aren't the best, regardless of any obstructions. On many ships, the bed is directly under the window, meaning you will have to climb on the bed to see out. The main reason for booking an OV over an inside is the natural light a window or porthole provides. If you really want a good view from your room, you will need a balcony!

The views from OV cabins without balconies aren't the best, regardless of any obstructions. On many ships, the bed is directly under the window, meaning you will have to climb on the bed to see out. The main reason for booking an OV over an inside is the natural light a window or porthole provides. If you really want a good view from your room, you will need a balcony!

You are entitled to your opinion, but many people will disagree with you!

The view from un-obstructed oceanview cabins is very good! Some of the older ships just do not have the option of a balcony cabin without paying for a suite. On the Sovereign, Monarch and Majesty decks 2 and 3 have portholes, decks 4,5,6 have windows that are not obstructed, these are my fave decks.

Can anyone tell me if the OV on deck 7 are considered a good view, because if I remember correctly, people could see in your window from the outside walking deck.

I love to be able to run out to a deck to see things when I'm in an inside room and I thought deck 7 is where I would run.

This year I choose deck 6 OV, because I wasn't sure about the outside of deck 7.

thanks!

Yes, deck seven is the promenade deck, and people can walk right up to your window and look in. Deck six is a good choice but you will hear some noise from people walking or running on the deck above.

Archived