Denali Wilderness Hike

picruiser

It's a hike in the state park, not Denali National park. You could just as easily go on your own on one of the many trails in the area. The only difference is the lunch. For $89 it had better be a pretty good lunch...

I agree, hiking is everywhere. :) Little Coal Creek is just excellent at Denali State Park and not far from the McKinley lodge. Beyers Lake also has a nice trail around the lake and up to the Vets Memorial.

It's a hike in the state park, not Denali National park. You could just as easily go on your own on one of the many trails in the area. The only difference is the lunch. For $89 it had better be a pretty good lunch...

The description of the tour says that it is in Denali Park. Are we looking at the same one?

The description of the tour says that it is in Denali Park. Are we looking at the same one?

It is Denali Park, Denali State Park. You are 100 miles away from the National Park. This tour certainly does not go there from the McKinley Lodge. All my above listed areas are Denali State Park.

Slight correction....your 100 miles from the North Entrance (and only auto road) into the park. Denali State Park adjoins the National Park.

Picruiser....were taking the hike in early June, don't know if it meets your time frame but I will post up once we get back. I too questioned the benefit versus the cost but I made my decision based upon one major factor, my wife. Although going on a hike was her idea (which I loved), she was uncertain about hiking in an area we didn't know and where we weren't at the top of the food chain.

She's hiked unguided the Grand Canyon and the Virgin River at Zion Nat Park but wanted the feeling of security hiking with someone from the area. Small price to pay in my estimation.

Archived