Fountain Fun Card and port charges

lhargrove62

I have read some where that the Fountain Fun card is cheaper to buy if you wait until the ship leaves port. Does anyone know what the difference is? My family drinks a lot of soda and card cards are worth it to us. My question is whether it's worth the wait until the ship sails at 5pm the first day. Thanks!:rolleyes:

The difference is State sales tax that they charge while in port. For a 7 day cruise a drink card is $5.50 X 7 plus tip you would save $2.31 if sailing from Florida 6% tax. But if you start buying sodas from the time you board you might come close to saving that back.

Yeah, Carnival doesn't charge port charges on the side anymore like they used to... So no worries about that... About the fountain fun card, "as well as all other paid drinks" they add tax to while in port, or near the port area....

Best bet is just wait for about 4 hours after sailing for any drinking...

I have read some where that the Fountain Fun card is cheaper to buy if you wait until the ship leaves port. Does anyone know what the difference is? My family drinks a lot of soda and card cards are worth it to us. My question is whether it's worth the wait until the ship sails at 5pm the first day. Thanks!:rolleyes:

The fountain card for those under 18 was $32.00 and adults $40.00 on our Christmas cruise, there was no way we would drink that much soda so we had one of the kids bye a soda card and we all used it, easy enough to get around

Archived