When does platinum level start ??

dutchsvv

I dont' really think it's anything special, do you?

Couldn't disagree more. Here are the platinum perks which I think are great:

title_membership_benefits.gif

This section outlines the benefits and advantages of Platinum membership in the Princess Captain’s Circle. This status is achieved once you complete your fifth cruise or on your cruise following your 50th cruise day with Princess.

cc_mp_plat_mem_mendoza.gif

Complimentary Cruise Atlas

Every year you will automatically receive a copy of our Princess Cruise Atlas. With details on all itineraries and sailings for the year, you will be able to plan ahead easily!

Free upgrade to TravelCare Gold

As a Platinum member, when you purchase our Standard Travel Care travel protection plan, we will automatically give you a free upgrade to the Gold package,- that’s double the cover - on us!

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Members Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum members to use the Platinum Members Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

Complimentary Internet Packages

Each Platinum Member will receive a credit towards the purchase of a package in our Internet Cafés.

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minute package)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minute package)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to 500 minute package)

You can use your credit towards a larger package if necessary, or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain's Circle!

(Does not include wireless internet access; effective on voyages beginning on or after April 1, 2007)

Also includes all the Gold Member Benefits

I pre research my cruises way before I even book

Princess Travel Insurance is far inferior to what we purchase, and that is on the advice of our TA

Light refreshments mean absolutely nothing to us

Internet service on all cruise lines is frustrating and a total rip off. DH uses wireless and satellite private service suppliers.

But I do like the priority check in, if it is available at that port, and I do like a private disembarkation lounge.

Guess it adds up to what is personally important to you.

I pre research my cruises way before I even book

Princess Travel Insurance is far inferior to what we purchase, and that is on the advice of our TA

Princess has one of the few plans that allows cancellation for any reason. With the upgrade to Travel Care Gold, that's a 90% refund credit. Might not mean a lot to you, but for someone booking an expensive cruise and having to cancel for an uncovered reason, it could mean quite a lot.

Light refreshments mean absolutely nothing to us

Internet service on all cruise lines is frustrating and a total rip off. DH uses wireless and satellite private service suppliers.

I don't know how you consider getting 150 (per person) internet minutes for free a rip-off.

But I do like the priority check in, if it is available at that port, and I do like a private disembarkation lounge.

Guess it adds up to what is personally important to you.

I have added a few comments to the quote above.

Well I may be spelling challenged at times but I do know that putting in an insurance claim with Princess is like pulling teeth from a duck!:eek:

Wrong.. My dad passed away in 2005, one week before 15 day cruise.. Contacted Princess insurance and less than one week received forms to fill out. Full refund was received within 2 weeks after I submitted the paperwork.. No hassle whatsoever.

Well each to their own! this was definitely NOT my experience.

My mom and I were scheduled to go on a cruise in 05. Two weeks before the cruise she was diagnosed with an illness that prevented both of us from cruising. As Largin stated above, received paper work within a week and full refund for both of us was received in about 2 weeks. We could not have been treated better.

We like the internet access and the priority boarding.

Looking forward to Elite, which will be the same, plus laundry (can pack less) and the mini bar.

.....and........a 10% discount at the ship boutiques....;)

was just on the CB 2 wks ago. Internet was down whenever I tried to get on. I called to see where the debarkation lounge was to wait in and was told it was only for Elite members. Priority embarkation line had the same amount of people as the regular lines. Unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy any of the perks of platinum. Maybe next time. I did, however, have a greatttt cruise!!

Archived