Drinking water NOT free anymore???

coffeebean

that's probably the BEST response! OP better shldn't go over to the "how can i avoid the ship disease thread" or whatever it is labled. she'll worry too much about noro like the OP there.

don't worry, OP.

Ship disease thread? Got linkage?

I was at a cruise line industry meeting - and the disease expert did recommend taking out all drinking fountains on cruise ships to prevent the spread of Noro. Makes sense - doesn't it? I believe that you would still be able to get water from bars and buffets.

Where ya been, it was at the top of page 1 most of the day yesterday. And don't tell me you've been working.:rolleyes:

I honestly don't know how I missed this. I don't remember seeing it and certainly don't remember posting to it...(i'll have to check :rolleyes: )...and no, I was not working. Apparently I'm too insensitive and/or abrasive so to show my soft, caring, nurturing side, I was in search of a virgin to rescue from her horrid cigar rolling duties. I will not rest until I rescue one...or three.

That Sir is my story and I'm stickin' to it!:D :p

I was at a cruise line industry meeting - and the disease expert did recommend taking out all drinking fountains on cruise ships to prevent the spread of Noro. Makes sense - doesn't it? I believe that you would still be able to get water from bars and buffets.

I should probably post a "where are the water fountains" thread since there seem to be so many inane threads recently but I won't. I'll just ask, where are the water fountains? Do most cruise lines have them?

Just another case where several Cruise Critic Nasties get together like pack dogs and attack a fellow Cruise Critic for daring to share their thoughts on this site. Then along comes another Cruise Critic to confirm the original statement. I guess we all have to be just a bit more careful and courteous.

It's funny though, because on the ship, we all turn nice and I will be happy to cruise with you all (Nasties and non-Nasties)

I have never seen a drinking fountain on a cruise ship. Maybe I have just been to drunk to notice.

We have been home from the Freedom and The only size cups I saw on the drink area were Juice size possibley 12 ounce cups. If you buy the Fountain card for 4.95 more you can buy the carnival Travel cup that is like 20 ounces. I ended up buying two as I left one on the table the 4th morning at the Lido and then I threw the other one away at the airport trying to get my carry on under 7 Kilos. Since we didn't have a car the day we got into Rome we didn't take on any extra water or sodas. But in Katakalon we took on 24 park of water and a 6 pack of soda. No one took anything away when we came back onto the ship. People were bring on water by the cases. Also unlike when we were on the Imagination, they didn't take any of my Lemonchello or Oozo out of my shopping bags. I could carry them up to the cabin! things in Europe must be different than the other ports.

Have a great trip! Need to save my money for the Spender!:D

Alice Faye

I have never seen a drinking fountain on a cruise ship. Maybe I have just been to drunk to notice.

lol..check out this pic...look at either side of the stairs, below the water slide.. They can also be found near bathrooms.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2664811020085860849BpgDZu

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1302202285067312652EEgSzg

A friend of mine told me that she read in a trade magazine that Carnival Cruise Lines is no longer offering free drinking water from the fountains. Is this true??? I can't imagine having to pay for all drinking water.

Has anyone heard of this or has experienced it?

..and they charge by the square for toilet paper. :D

Just another case where several Cruise Critic Nasties get together like pack dogs and attack a fellow Cruise Critic for daring to share their thoughts on this site. Then along comes another Cruise Critic to confirm the original statement. I guess we all have to be just a bit more careful and courteous.

It's funny though, because on the ship, we all turn nice and I will be happy to cruise with you all (Nasties and non-Nasties)

Nasties? Where? :confused:

A friend of mine told me that she read in a trade magazine that Carnival Cruise Lines is no longer offering free drinking water from the fountains. Is this true??? I can't imagine having to pay for all drinking water.

That explains all the card readers (like on the door to your room) that they are installing next to the water fountains and in the bathrooms.

I also heard that there is a hidden surcharge on the S&S card to cover the cost of ice used in the Foo Foo Drinks!!!! :mad:

If it is hidden, then you will not see it. If you don't see it, you can't pay it.

Nonetheless, I think the cost of the ice is included in the cost of the drink.

Just got off the Spirit last week. We were only charged for bottled water. Water from the fountain on Lido and in the dining rooms was always available at no charge.

So your friend is saying, "Gotcha":D

Archived