Drinking water NOT free anymore???

coffeebean

A friend of mine told me that she read in a trade magazine that Carnival Cruise Lines is no longer offering free drinking water from the fountains. Is this true??? I can't imagine having to pay for all drinking water.

Has anyone heard of this or has experienced it?

A friend of mine told me that she read in a trade magazine that Carnival Cruise Lines is no longer offering free drinking water from the fountains. Is this true??? I can't imagine having to pay for all drinking water.

Is there a full moon this week? :rolleyes:

Tons of crazy posts lately!

There's no way they'd do something crazy like that - heat , humidity, and no drinking water available? Too much risk of people not wanting to spend the money and getting dehydrated.

i agree. talk about risk management. a crazy move like that wld only invite a ton of lawsuits in a state (having jurisdiction) which has an incredible reputation for being nothing, if not overly litigous.

Don't look for something to worry about. Not true.

Look at the source, Trade Magazine, please!:rolleyes:

No. But they do charge extra if you want pillows on your bed. :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Don't look for something to worry about. Not true.

that's probably the BEST response! OP better shldn't go over to the "how can i avoid the ship disease thread" or whatever it is labled. she'll worry too much about noro like the OP there.

don't worry, OP.

Someone said, the great word of the day is "SAID or HEARD or MENTIONED or KNOWS AS GOSPEL" that Carnival for going to start charging for sheets of toliet paper. HAHAHA, plus to reserve a cabin, balconies are more and suites, they will charge you four times the amount. :D :D :D :D

can you get different sizes from the fountain? I like to put crystal light in my water and was hoping that I could get a large water.

the water is self serve from the beverage stations on lido. there are usually 2 sizes of cups, but no guarantee that both sizes are out there together at all times. you can bring a cup if you like or, you can buy a souvenier keep cool cup w/ lid in the gift shop if you find the cups too small for your liking.

the water is self serve from the beverage stations on lido. there are usually 2 sizes of cups, but no guarantee that both sizes are out there together at all times. you can bring a cup if you like or, you can buy a souvenier keep cool cup w/ lid in the gift shop if you find the cups too small for your liking.

Know problem, they will sell you a cup if you cannot find one to your liking at the drink fountain.

Cool, I think I will just take my own empty water bottle, then I will know I have the right amount of water for the crystal light!!!

So excited, leaving in the morning!!!!

Cool, I think I will just take my own empty water bottle, then I will know I have the right amount of water for the crystal light!!!

So excited, leaving in the morning!!!!

Wow! hadn't noticed the ticker til you said that. have a GREAT cruise!!!!! oh... and if you like to drink coffee, bring a travel coffee mug. bigger than the cups on lido and you can stroll the decks w/ it. don't forget the power strip for extra outlets and the lighted clock for the stateroom. whew!

I could not believe that CCL would not supply free drinking water and I told my friend that. I was absolutely shocked at the thought that a cruise line would not supply free water.

My friend read to me rerbatem from the trade magazine which states that Carnival Cruise Lines is stooping to a new low and will not supply free drinking water. Personally, I still don't believe it but I told my friend I that would post this question on the board. (She is not so good with computers).

Thank you all for your responses. I will let my friend know that it most certainly is NOT TRUE what she read in the trade magazine.

Archived