I need help with the zip lines

flcruiser13

We will be in Roatan on my sons 10th bday, my husband and I (in our mid 30's) will be doing the canopy tour with a couple of 12 year olds, and our son. Cynthia & dianne have offered to take us to whichever canopy we choose.

now my problem begins which zip line will be more the best for All of us as well as have beautiful sights, we've never done this so I'm not even sure is it nicer when its jungly or when you can sightsee.

By what i've read Pirates will be too strenous, so I'm torn between south shore and jungle.

Opinions please

Well, the problem is Cynthia and Dianne our tour guides said we can do either even pirates because we will be doing an island tour including fantasy island, some shipwrecks, the zip ,and the beach for a li'l while.

And I know Fantasy Island is pretty much mid island like the other zips,

so its down to adventure for us and the kids,beauty and more for the money.

We did the Pirates zipline, and while it is a little strenuous--mostly to balance yourself on the bridges/cables-- it isn't that bad. My husband and I were both 61 in December when we did it and we'd do it again. We're in decent, but not outstanding shape for our age. Also, if you didn't want to do a certain segment you could walk along the ground beneath the line. One person did that in our group.

Kids would do fine as long as they are tall enough to reach the cables on the bridge segments.

If you can find a zipline that is all zipping, that would be easier and really fun. Since I haven't done the other ziplines on Roatan, I can't help you with those. We liked the (slight) challenge of the Pirates zipline. We did see a couple of minor injuries of people who scraped their legs, though.

I don't know what the age/weight limit is. Really young kids couldn't do the cables or bridges because they couldn't reach the cable. My husband weighs about 205; don't know what the upper limit is.

We were in Roatan on April 17. We did the Jungle Canopy. The cost was $45 pp. I am not aware of any weight limits. I go about 240 lbs.

We loved it! I have to admit that the bridges were more work than I was planning. You could Zipline around them if you did not want to do the bridges. Our guide was great. He taught us how to go off the platforms backwards and to fly upside down.

I would recommend them.

Archived