Room Service Question...

DaisyGirl55

I was hoping to find an answer to my question about room service on this thread, but started mainly reading about dress codes. I am a first time cruiser leaving in two weeks. My husband and I were discussing room service and he is fairly certain that we will have to pay extra for either the food or the service, or both. I think that with the exception of a tip, the food is "free". Which one of us is correct? Maybe neither?! We are going to be on the Galaxy.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Room Service is free.....we tipped our server each time - a couple of dollars. Our cabin steward (CC) actually told us that he would be the one delivering our room service; however, it was always someone else. To us, it was worth the tip to have it delivered! Food is free - tip is optional - we did....

Enjoy! IMHO - the breakfasts (2 times I ordered) were disappointing. Cold poached eggs, cold toast, good coffee and juice. If you want more than coffee, you may want to go to the dining room; however, our tablemates had GREAT room service breakfast in their room. Luck of the draw? Baked bananas were the only good thing - although cool, better than cool poached eggs. Anything on a balcony tastes better, though!

The food is 100% free from room service. A tip is a nice courtesy, but you won't be made to feel uncomfortable if you choose not to.

We tip $2-$5 depending on what we order, but both food and service are free unless you choose to offer a gratuity.

First, if you look again, you will find that nearly all of the posts saying that many passengers really don't follow the dress codes pertain to the short (four night and five night) cruises aboard MV Century. They are not representative of normal Celebrity cruises of seven or more nights, where nearly all of the passengers DO follow the dress codes even though enforcement of dress codes is not consistent.

On the long 14 night cruise I was just on, the opposite was true on INFORMAL nights. Formal nights, however, it seemed as though every passenger in the dining room made an effort to dress nicely.

The common areas around the ship, though, were fairly mixed with some dressing up and some in t-shirts.

Celeste

Sorry- I know this is a room service thread- but can't find anyone who has referred to "Alternative Casual Dining" with full table service in the seating area of the buffet each evening ($2.00 per person per evening) except here. Am looking for someone who has eaten there or seen the menu, is it the same as the dining room or a reduced offering or something entirely else?

Thanks!

2Scots

Sorry- I know this is a room service thread- but can't find anyone who has referred to "Alternative Casual Dining" with full table service in the seating area of the buffet each evening ($2.00 per person per evening) except here. Am looking for someone who has eaten there or seen the menu, is it the same as the dining room or a reduced offering or something entirely else?

Thanks!

2Scots

The menu is much simpler than that of the dining room- basics like steak, chicken, etc. We did not eat there but looked at the menu one night while we were passing through for sushi. It still smelled good, but we prefer to dress formally and enjoy the dining room. I guess we could have gone on a casual night but we like the main dining room.

Archived