Do we go thru immigration upon return to Red Hook?

lumpkin

We are going to E. Carribbean on Crown, in Aug 07. We will have our passports, of course. But I am curious... do all passengers go thru immigration on return, or only those who disembarked and went on land in the ports? I need to go to work that morning in Manhattan, and need to know how long disembarkation will take....I will do express disembarkation with my own luggage.

Thanks.

Regardless of whether you got off the ship or not, you left the United States and will have to go through immigration when you return and get off the ship in Brooklyn. I have only sailed out of FL but am on the Crown this summer doing the same itinerary. I have sailed 5 times and every time all passengers do immigration.

When is your trip?

Jeff

:) Yes, you have to do immigration in Brooklyn. You have to hand in the form you filled out the night before and then you should be done. Barring any usual circimstances, it should not take long.

As has been said, whether you got off the ship or not, you must go through Customs & Immigration upon your return to the U.S. This is thanks to the Passenger Services Act which requires any foreign-flagged ship departing and returning to a U.S. port to make a stop outside of the U.S. and Territories. It's not a Princess requirement but a U.S. government requirement. The only time you wouldn't is if you were on an NCL Hawaiian cruise where the ship is registered in the U.S.

We are going to E. Carribbean on Crown, in Aug 07. We will have our passports, of course. But I am curious... do all passengers go thru immigration on return, or only those who disembarked and went on land in the ports? I need to go to work that morning in Manhattan, and need to know how long disembarkation will take....I will do express disembarkation with my own luggage.

Thanks.

Nothing to do with your question ... just a little nostalgia. MANY years ago I served in the US Coast Guard with a friend who's name was Jesse G Lumpkin and he was from Dallas. Known to his friends as "JG from Big D".

Couldn't be you, could it?

Archived