Disembarkation in Baltimore??

isujim

Going out of Baltimore for the first time ever in September and have a few questions.............

What time does the ship normally dock on it's return?

How far is the airport BWI from the pier?

About how much for a taxi from the pier to BWI?

Any problem with a Noon flight out of Baltimore??

Any help would be appreciated............thanks.

What time does the ship normally dock on it's return?

Any help would be appreciated............thanks.

All I can help you with is return time, dock time is about 07:00, latest I've been off the ship is 10:00 a.m. That's my experience.

I live in Baltimore. The port is about 10 miles from the airport. A taxi ride should cost you about $30 to $40. You could also try the Super Shuttle service to and from the airport. I often use them. The cost is $19 for the first passanger and $11 for any other passangers. You can arrange in advance a pick up time either at the airport or the cruise terminal. The website is http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/bwi.htm or the toll free number is 888-826-2700. Good luck and enjoy your trip to Baltimore. If you have time, visit the Inner Harbor.

I appreciate that info..........really had no idea how far or how much a cab from the pier to the airport might cost.........$30 to $40 is a pretty good clip but at least we will be prepared...........I'm going to check out the shuttle you provided as well.............

Thanks for the info and link..........

Jim, I've stayed in a hotel about 7 miles from the port, it has cost me $35 to $45 each time that I've used it. One thing I was mistaken about is the belief that there's a fixed charge from BWI to the inner harbor, turns out that there aren't any "fixed rates". Click here for a link to the taxi page at BWI's web site, which is where I learned that flat rates are illegal in Maryland. There are links on that page for Super Shuttle, Anapolis Transit, and Bayside Shuttle as well. If you call the taxi company, my experience is double what they tell you on the phone, and you'll be much closer to what the charge will actually be:rolleyes:! I'll be using BWI next April, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you find out.

Jim, I've stayed in a hotel about 7 miles from the port, it has cost me $35 to $45 each time that I've used it. One thing I was mistaken about is the belief that there's a fixed charge from BWI to the inner harbor, turns out that there aren't any "fixed rates". Click here for a link to the taxi page at BWI's web site, which is where I learned that flat rates are illegal in Maryland. There are links on that page for Super Shuttle, Anapolis Transit, and Bayside Shuttle as well. If you call the taxi company, my experience is double what they tell you on the phone, and you'll be much closer to what the charge will actually be:rolleyes:! I'll be using BWI next April, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you find out.

Boy do I appreciate this information.............not sure what to do now but am checking Super Shuttle..........

We are renting a car and going in 3 days early........so arrival is no problem.........just getting back to the airport is what we are working on now.

Thanks for the info

Jim

Jim,

Hello. We will be on the same cruise the end of June. Thought you would like to know what I found out about the Super Shuttle in Baltimore.

From BWI to our airport will be $11 each. From the cruise terminal to the aiport is $30 for two passengers. I called the 800 number I found on the BWI Airport website under ground transportation. You can make a reservation and they will give you a confirmation number, as well as, take your cell phone number to be able to reach you.

I figure if I had to park a car at the port for nine days it would cost me as much as the transportation around Baltimore. Sounds like parking around the Inner Harbor is very pricey.

Hope this helps.

denamo

Thanks for the information.

Having never sailed out of Baltimore........if we book Super Shuttle for the return.........where do they pick you up once you disembark the ship?? Anyone know??

Thanks

I'm thinking about sailing out of Balt. in Sept.

Can you tell me anything about ship, itin, prices, etc?

Thanks!

We are sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas, 9 night Canada/New England. OUr sail date is September 21st.........suggest you go to the RC website and check pricing..........I know our Jr. Suite has gone from 1749 to 4049pp since we booked.........other categories are less

I'm thinking about sailing out of Balt. in Sept.

Can you tell me anything about ship, itin, prices, etc?

Thanks!

I've sailed Grandeur twice in October of the last two years, scheduled again this October and will board her in Tampa next April (2008) for a B2B that will end in Baltimore. You can read my reviews of the Grandeur cruises by clicking on the links in my sig. I really love the Grandeur, and Baltimore is a great port. Very small lines, easy to get to, great parking, great people there (Howard aka signman!). It all adds up to a really nice experience. Since they're changing the itineraries, this year and next, there are fewer Caribbean cruises on RCL out of Baltimore and the prices are skyrocketing since there are fewer billets to purchase. Grandeur does three itineraries out of Baltimore, 9 nights to the Caribbean, 5 nights to Bermuda, 9 nights to Canada/New England, 5 nights to Bermuda and repeat. Next year, they're doing a similar routine, except Grandeur is going to be in Norfolk for the Summer, and Baltimore for the Spring and Fall. Hope that helps some.

Wraithe we got our air booked today as soon as Southwest released through November 2...........got great rates and we are set to go. I'm very pleased the port is easy to manuever.

Both you and Howard have been very helpful........thanks for your help and stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have more questions in the next few months.

Jim

I was thrilled to find this thread! I've been searching all morning for information about ground transportation out of the cruise terminal in Baltimore (it's almost non existant!). Sounds like Super Shuttle would be the best option for my family of 5. Any recommendations for scheduling the pick up time? I don't want to spend much time standing on the curb, or miss my ride on the flip side!

Any advice on car rentals? Is there a rental agency close to the pier?

Thanks for any info you can offer this novice cruiser!

STJJEJ

I was thrilled to find this thread! I've been searching all morning for information about ground transportation out of the cruise terminal in Baltimore (it's almost non existant!). Sounds like Super Shuttle would be the best option for my family of 5. Any recommendations for scheduling the pick up time? I don't want to spend much time standing on the curb, or miss my ride on the flip side!

Any advice on car rentals? Is there a rental agency close to the pier?

Thanks for any info you can offer this novice cruiser!

STJJEJ

Hi there........if you are like us, this will be our first trip to Baltimore and the terminal there..........we just booked our airfare today with Southwest and don't leave Baltimore until 5:30pm...........so.........we don't need to get off the ship early by any means.......if we go the SuperShuttle route (still haven't decided for sure) we will probably give them a 9:30 time or so........we have no rush or early flight.

I also found a website today on Baltimore and they say taxi is $23 approximately from the airport to the pier and I guess in reverse too.....I have my doubts because I think it is close to 20 miles.........but at least we are in no rush.........

Now that we have our flights, we may even consider an excursion the day we get off the ship......but haven't looked that far ahead.......

Hope we get some more information

By the way..........from what we have found most car rental drop offs are at area hotels depending on which car company you rent from in the Inner Harbor area........don't know if they will have shuttles waiting at the pier or not........

maybe Howard or somebody can let us know.

By the way..........from what we have found most car rental drop offs are at area hotels depending on which car company you rent from in the Inner Harbor area........don't know if they will have shuttles waiting at the pier or not........

maybe Howard or somebody can let us know.

I've been staying at Choice Hotels when we come into Baltimore for the night before, so far, they all offer shuttles to BWI but none offer shuttles to the port, guess there's not enough call for it. The hotel I have stayed at used to offer a shuttle, but no longer does. You can park your car there for the duration of the cruise, but you have to take a taxi or sedan to the port.

Hey Jim, posted a link in the RCL thread for 9 night Grandeur Compasses, didn't catch it until this morning, and saw that you were looking for them, too.

Thanks........I'll find them...........:)

• 5 weeks later...

One more question.........

In reading all the Baltimore Grandeur threads.........some people have indicated a shortage of taxi's at the pier when you get off the ship....has this been anyone's experience?? We will be in no hurry.....plane doesn't leave until 5:30 but just wondered if cabs are plentiful back to the airport

Thanks.

Archived