Crystallized ginger

cruisin' again

Does anyone know if you can bring this on board? Given it was some sort of food' date=' it made me wonder. I would think I could bring it on in Miami, but what about Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya???

Thanks in advance[/quote']

Are you talking about buying this in those ports and bringing it on the ship? I don't really understand the question.

If it's legal, you wouldn't have any problem brining it on board at embarkation. Still not sure what that has to do with the ports of call. Are you concerned about the legality of bringing it off the ship in those ports? If so, I don't think there would be a problem.

I have used this for nausea in the past, if that's what you're asking about taking it for, I might put in in a baggie or container like an M&M's tube. It's not like it's white powdery candy, but if you're concerned about it, that should be ok. That's a good idea to have if you're prone to motion sickness. Sucking on ginger is very soothing to the stomach.

If you're looking to bring it for motion sickness, try the ginger Altoids instead. Although I'm not prone to motion sickness, those do wonders for just plain nausea and have had friends use them for motion sickness.

I don't know whether the crystallized would be considered an agricultural product for customs purposes or not.

I actually never get seasick...but last October during a parasailing excursion I did. I think it was nerves, heat, etc. I was doing it as a "face your fear" thing. I had been parasailing in high school (80's) and it collapsed. I was afraid to do it again since.

Anyway, the operators of the boat saw me leaning over the edge (TMI..sorry) and yelled at me to stop, that they had something for me. It worked in SECONDS! I just thought I'd take some just in case.

I did take Ginger capsules that morning, and obviously, they didn't work! lol

Archived