Help me find a good hotel in Ft Lauderdale

Shawns6t6gto

Thank You all cruise critic members who have saved me from the Ramada Ft Lauderdale Airport and Cruise. My wife made these reservations with out doing research. Here is my delema, we fly in to Ft Lauderdale on May 5th. I need a good clean hotel close to the airport and cruise port that will not break the bank(Under $150.00).

Thanks

Shawn

The Fort Lauderdale Grande is having a $129 special urrently - some have got it for as low as 99 - they are right across the street from the port and about a $15 taxi from the airport. Also close to nseveral eating places that won't break your budget.

Ron

Also try the Holiday Inn Express on 17th st. it is near the port and taxi can be had for around $10.00. WE stayed there and it was wonderful. No complaints.

Marilyn

You are arriving in off season so you should have lots of choices under the price limit you set. Depending on how far you want to travel by taxi, the beach area north of the port is nice too. One of the older less expensive areas is mentioned in another thread.

We just stayed at the Extended Stay America on SE 17th st. Right near the port and also near the airport. Lots of good places to eat, stores, Publix, all easy walking distance. Room was very basic but clean. Rooms have a kitchenette. Price for Mar 31 was $150, but I'm sure it can be had for less. It's a nice safe area. In the morning I walked down the street to the bridge over the waterway to look at the cruise ships in port.

If you are going in May, you should be able to get some great deals. I would go for the Grande Hotel as the previous person mentioned. We have never stayed there but we caught the water bus right by the property and it looked wonderful. You will have a view of the waterway (it is right by the causeway bridge and you can see the ships!) and can walk right out of your room and catch the water bus to go any place you want to. (We went to Shooters for lunch) You can get off and on the bus as many times as you want and you get to see the beautiful intercoastal and all the pretty homes up and down the waterfront area. We finally got off in the area where we could walk to the Ft Lauderdale beach and rode the 50cent trolly back to the hotel. We were staying at AmeriSuites at that time.

We had booked the FL Grand hotel for 140.00 a night and another poster helped me get it on pricleline for 75.00!!!! I booked about a week ago (we arrive on 4/27). when I had looked over a month ago on price line it would never accept my bid!! I guess as you get closer and they can't sell out they give them more rooms!:D

The Holiday Inn on 17th ST and the Extended Stay on 17th are right next to each other and in a good location. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance to both.

The Holiday Inn has a shuttle that you can call to pick you up at the airport. The hotel itself is a bit older and more warn than the ESA.

ESA was clean and had very comfortable beds and was quiet. You just need to get a cab to take you (it's about $12 one way plus tip.)

Archived