SEA MILES anything else?

pne

Just booked using my seamiles so i thought at 70,000 aleast one person would get a free 7night but nope they said we will give you 500 off for 50,000 points.I took the deal cause i'm gonna use up my points but what a RIP OFF.

Try looking at one of the cash back cards (I use Discover and Amex Blue Cash). Then just redeem your cash credit and use it for onboard expenses, paying for final or whatever. Very flexible:D I like being able to find the best deal I can (not being told who I have to book thru) and then using my "cash" to help:)

I get GC's through Citi Thank You Network. Cards like Diamond Rewards pay 5% on gas, groceries, and drug stores, so I can rack up points very quickly. You can order both Carnival and Royal Caribbean GCs starting at 10,000 points ($100). Best part is ... with Carnival you can book with whoever you want, then just mail in the GC to Carnival. With RC, you have to book directly through RC, then mail them in. I've used them with both companies without a hassle.

The Diamond Preferred Rewards Card from Citi is by far the best I think. With the Thank you Rewards program combined with our Military discount on Carnival, it's amazing what we can sail for!:) I just received more certificates this past week, to use on another cruise. Just turn them in to Carnival and use them as payment on the cruise we have booked. Love it!

Just booked using my seamiles so i thought at 70,000 aleast one person would get a free 7night but nope they said we will give you 500 off for 50,000 points.I took the deal cause i'm gonna use up my points but what a RIP OFF.

You were lucky to get the entire $500.00 for those 50,000 points. Several people (including us) got $325 - 375 because we had gotten a past cruisers discount with Carnival....so Sea Miles reduced our benefit accordingly.

It is now in the trash.

We use seamiles also, hey $500.00 off is better than nothing.:)

$500 off is great. We are sailing on the Valor in May and my mom and dad's rate was $459 pp OV. That would mean one of them would sail free. I think that's terriffic!

use them for first or business class travel to get the best value. Using 25000 miles to fly from Washington to Orlando is a $200 tick. Flying first class on Singapore to Hong Kong is 120000 and is a $12000 ticket. Thats a penny or a dime per mile. What a difference! And they feed you caviar and top of the line champagne.

You all really need to get a cash rewards credit card. I get from 1% to 5% back on all my purchases. And it's all in hard cold cash... no rip-off points that I have to deal with.

I get back over $700 a year in cash... to spend on what ever I want. They just cut you a check and you deposit the check into your Bank account.

Amex rewards. 250,000 points needed for ONE person 7 day cruise :mad:

All the Amex awards that I have used is for 2 in a cabin not 1 and yu get 7 day cruise for 200,000.

remember these are free points so it like a free gift.!!!!

• 1 month later...

What was the reason they gave you for not being able to book and receive the 1 free person? ( 65k for Carib & 75k for MR ) I know that in the terms & conditions it says that it is capacity controlled... was that the reason?

-Mike

Just wondering if your Mervyn's card would give you 500.00 off?

By the way, for those that know me on here, they know I have been using SeaMiles since day one and have booked a few cruises with them. My Freedom cruise for April was booked on SeaMiles. But I had to send them a nasty email over some OverLimits I had, because I went over twice, my interest rate is now 30%. Other then that my record with them has been flawless. I could see if I had a late payment or 2. But the overlimts are because they will not increase limits any more, I have other cards with higher limits. They got until June 5th to drop my interest rate to 8% or I will terminate them and go with a 5% Cashback card. Im interested in the Amex 5% Cashback card. After June 5th, I will put out a thread on here on what happened and why its best to cancel this card.

Fred

:) I think there is a lot of different programs out there you need to decide what is best for you.

we have seamiles got a great spring break cruise for free in 07-for two upper deck

southwest card we get so many airflights for free we give them away to our friends who have kids in college to come home

american express with Costco card (execitive)- % cash back from both companys

its what works for us

Karon:)

I get GC's through Citi Thank You Network. Cards like Diamond Rewards pay 5% on gas, groceries, and drug stores, so I can rack up points very quickly. You can order both Carnival and Royal Caribbean GCs starting at 10,000 points ($100). Best part is ... with Carnival you can book with whoever you want, then just mail in the GC to Carnival. With RC, you have to book directly through RC, then mail them in. I've used them with both companies without a hassle.

SilentBob--Can you tell me how to get these Gift Certificates and what the Citi Thank You Network is. I'm interested in 'signing up' too! :)

Thanks!

SilentBob--Can you tell me how to get these Gift Certificates and what the Citi Thank You Network is.

I'm not SilentBob, but I can answer your question. The Citi Thank You Network is Citibank's credit card reward program. With certain Citibank credit cards, you earn Thank You points. You then redeem those points with the CTYN for gift cards.

• 2 weeks later...

do you have to book the cruise through seamiles ,carnival,or ta ? i have 60k and would like to use it for $500 off but can i get past guest discount also?

That SeaMiles card is the WORST! I have all kinds of cards and I have never had the problems with those cards that I have had in using the Barkley Bank Seamiles card. :mad:

Got shut off WHILE I was on a cruise (they said I used it too much that week although I STILL had $6,000 MORE to go)

They send a statement and it's due in 14 days (Bank of America and Chase give 28 days to pay)

I am really not happy with the card. Paying it off at a furious rate to shut it down.

Archived