How can you keep some diet DP cold?

Math4Aggies

Howdy!

Now that soda is legal again, how can my friends keep their diet DP cold for early morning/late night drinks? We don't have a suite :( so no fridge for us on the Ecstasy. There is a ice bucket, but that is not the best way to keep things chilled. Workable, but is there a better way? My friend said she would buy a small fridge, but that seems a bit crazy [and I won't help carry it!]. I do have a tiny one from Sharper Image, but it is living in my office right now. Would a small ice chest be reasonable? Y'all have the best advice, so I thought I would ask.

thanks in advance,

janice

I take a small collapsible cooler, soft sided. It should hold about a six pack plus ice. I found it in the sporting goods section for next to nothing. I usually put in on a towel because they might leak just a bit.

Howdy!

Now that soda is legal again, how can my friends keep their diet DP cold for early morning/late night drinks? We don't have a suite :( so no fridge for us on the Ecstasy. There is a ice bucket, but that is not the best way to keep things chilled. Workable, but is there a better way? My friend said she would buy a small fridge, but that seems a bit crazy [and I won't help carry it!]. I do have a tiny one from Sharper Image, but it is living in my office right now. Would a small ice chest be reasonable? Y'all have the best advice, so I thought I would ask.

thanks in advance,

janice

I always take a collapable coller and tip the cabin Steward at the beginning of the cruise and it was full of ice all the time.

We do the collapsable cooler thing too. And yes, they CAN leak. You don't want to give those stewards a shock (or worse!) when they vacuum! Bring an XL garbage bag with you and put it underneath. We have also requested extra ice buckets from our steward and he keeps them brimmed to the top with ice. One put 10, YES, 10 ice buckets in our cabin one night :eek: :D :confused:

the trash cans (much bigger than the ice buckets, and actually look like large ice buckets) work very well... room steward re-filled them everyday... we usually kept the in the bathroom or the shower because they tend to 'sweat' quite a bit

The trash bins - that is a clever idea! We will be a group of 6 in three rooms, so one of the soda people can use their room's trash can. I may have a small cooler, but I am pretty sure it leaks, so this is much better.

thanks...

janice

So, I will bring a liner if the cooler is found and comes with us. I guess there are soda-in-the-morning folks and coffee-in-the-morning folks. I am DEFINITELY a coffee person, but my soda person friend doesn't use the internet much. She sends a thanks to all too.

janice

That just reminds me of the old questions about a start of the cruise bit of cash to the steward. We have only cruised once before [Vision in Alaska two years ago] and I admit we give a $20 when we met. We had the kids and I KNEW we were going to be high maintence. I have been reading and try to decide what to do this time. Maybe it makes a difference with the ice:p

janice

We plan to take our soft cooler in ports. It is an over the shoulder one. I have a wide mouth plastic drinking bottle that I plan to fill with ice and then put in the cooler so it won't leak in the cooler! If you have no ice and the cabin steward isn't around you can usually ask at one of the bars for some ice.

Yes, any bar will give you a plastic bucket filled with ice. And you can also take your ice bucket to Lido and fill it from the ice maker up there. We always tip our steward $20 at the beginning of a cruise and always get top notch service.

we have a semi small soft cooler on wheels.. it looks like a little bag not a cooler.. we usually use it for carryon and then we use it as a cooler in our room.. we put a small trashbag in it so that the actual cooler doesnt get wet.. we ask the steward for ice for it and then we put our cans in it.. even after the ice melts the water is really cold .. we usually only put ice in it again one other time.. the last night we dump the water out of the bag and throw it away and then use it as a carryoff bag when we get off..

I give the steward 50 bucks at the start of the cruise and the cooler and ice buckets are filled everday.

Not to mention one friendly steward all week.

Wow! I'm sure he/she appreciates such a generous tip. For $50 he should tuck you in at night too! :D

Howdy!

Now that soda is legal again, how can my friends keep their diet DP cold for early morning/late night drinks? We don't have a suite :( so no fridge for us on the Ecstasy. There is a ice bucket, but that is not the best way to keep things chilled. Workable, but is there a better way? My friend said she would buy a small fridge, but that seems a bit crazy

Please, PLEASE tell me she is just joking.

Which classes have mini-bars on Ecstasy? Don't most roooms? I take a cooler anyway.

Only the suites have fridges.

Stewart (or other named) steward, will keep your collapsable ice chest topped off twice a day, no need to tip (bribe), it is their job, if they are not doing their job, please see the hotel director, based on how they take care of you tip appropriately at the end.

Just ask them, and again, if they are not up to snuff, take care of their performance immediately while you are on board.

Please, PLEASE tell me she is just joking.

Well, I think she wasn't joking. She is driving down from College Station and will have many bags anyway, I guess she thought it would not be a problem. These ideas will do the trick so no extreme measures will be needed for the in the room Dr. Peppers.

janice

We always keep our water (we are not big soda drinkers) in our folding ice chest with our beer. Always give our steward extra money upon boarding, and they always keep it full of ice. We always have a balcony cabin so we keep our ice chest out on the balcony just in case it leaks. If it's too sunny out there the steward always brings it inside. You can always stick it in the shower if it tends to leak alot.

Archived