Comfort Inn Stirling

KruznKel

Never stayed there ... almost. Booked a very attractive rate there, like $60/night, for pre-cruise coming December ... started a thread here a couple of months ago asking for comments. Lots of interesting, mostly negative comments ... many from FLL locals. The greatest concern seems to be neighborhood safety, frequent police calls to the hotel, hookers working the property. Based on the input I got, cancelled my reservation there and went back to the Comfort Suites in Davie, where we've stayed twice before. Perhaps you will get more comments either from recent stays or from FLL locals.

Suggest you sift thru the East Coast Departure threads ... you may need to go back to February or so ... and decide for yourself to stay/not stay there. Also, you might check the reviews on the Trip Advisor website.

Locals cautioned me about rotten neighborhood, don't walk around at night, doors don't lock securely, ladies of the night ... that was enough to encourage me to go back to the Comfort Suites in Davie. Stayed there a couple of times for approx $110/night (AARP rate) and were very pleased with the cleanliness, the staff professionalism, and the efficient shuttle service airport/hotel and hotel/pier. Also, a fine breakfast of both warm and cold items. No pool there, just an outdoor whirlpool. Also, within walking distance of about 1/3 mile: CVS Pharmacy, Publix Grocery and Ruby Tuesday -- all at the same intersection. Also seemed to be a safe area.

No, my "review" is not older ... the comments I received from the thread I started are less than 2 months old, and mostly from FLL locals who are familiar with the area and who watch the police blotter in the local paper. I am simply trying to be helpful by passing on the input I recently got ... I hope your stay goes well, and I look forward to reading your post-stay comments.

No, my "review" is not older ... the comments I received from the thread I started are less than 2 months old, and mostly from FLL locals who are familiar with the area and who watch the police blotter in the local paper. I am simply trying to be helpful by passing on the input I recently got ... I hope your stay goes well, and I look forward to reading your post-stay comments.

I was looking for more recent.. as I had read those comments.. more recent means more recent than your post. ;) I appreciate your input and I have read all the other posts regarding this property. Thanks I will be sure to post once we stay there :)

Archived